Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

What yote gun should i buy?

Old 07-06-2008, 09:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What yote gun should i buy?

i have a savage 12 in 308 and my other half uses a stevens in 223. both are great guns but i would much prefer her gun to mine because of the weight difference. i wish i would have thought about this before i bought mine.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:44 AM

ORIGINAL: ilyotehunter

savage 22-250
I would have to go with this man's choice also. Savage is a great gun, and in your price range. I would suggest taking a look at this gun
Old 07-23-2008, 06:23 PM
Spike

Howa--what ever caliber you want
check out Legacy Sports
Old 07-24-2008, 03:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I picked up a Savage 11 in a .204, topped it off with a Leuopold VX II 3x9 and its a tack driver, at least thats what all the Coyotes said on my hunting grounds!!!!!! The Gun I got from Gander for 300 and the scope was the same, $300. Makes for a nice Rifle to kill coyotes with!
Old 07-25-2008, 09:46 AM

http://www.savagearms.com/12model_Varminterthumbhole.htm

that gun is a little spendy. I have it in a 22mag and I love it, If you want precision it's a great choice.

I chose the AR15 for varmit hunting though. Shooting .223 accurately and having up to 100rnds capacity is unstoppable. A bit overkill for most though. Whats reallygreat is shooting sage rats/prairie dogs all day and only needing to reload a couple times. Not to mention the parts availibility is insane and you can complete customize one down to your exact needs.

By the way, you can build an AR15 for 500bux. Bargain Bin guns are 450 from cmmg too...

This one is shooting sub moa with a match grade bbl. loves 69gr sierra gold metal match
Old 07-25-2008, 09:49 AM

here's my lil 22 mag. I put a Nikkon trophy hunter scope on it, does pretty good.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:36 AM

nice guns Rally !
Old 07-27-2008, 10:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nearly any bolt action rifle made is up to the task. Which one is personal preference, because they all have a little different feel to them. I'd recommend something in .223.

As for the scope, anything over a 3-9x40 is overkill. I'd stick with something in a Nikon or Leupold, and mount it using a good two-piece base. Center Point is just another chinese-no name scope that shares the same quality of other chinese scopes - low quality lenses, low quality coating, and spotty quality control. Stay away from them. You want a scope that will perform in all hunting conditions, and those will not.

My personal rig is a Browning composite stalker in .223, topped with a Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x40 scope with a Nikon two-piece base. I've had that gun for years, and after sighting it in, I've not had to resight it. The scope performs well in all lighting conditions, and I have taken coyotes with it at well past 300 yards, even when after sunset.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Typical Buck

I think im going to look for either a Stevens, Savage, or see if my uncle will sell me his Rem. 700 in .22-250. You think that would work?I need an affordable scope, so i dont want to spend a fortune on a scope either, what would be a good scope reccomendation for under $200 maybe? Thanks again.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:13 PM

nikkon buckmaster works great for me, very clear optic and I believe it was on sale for $190...

Quick Reply: What yote gun should i buy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.