Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

[Deleted]

Old 03-01-2003, 12:49 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-01-2003, 07:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: How do you skin a coyote

skinning a coyote is no different then skinning out any other fur bareing animal,except that a coyote pelt is glued on.a coyotes skin is harder to get off then say a foxes.if your going to try and sell the pelts you might want to call your fur buyer and he/she will tell you how they want it done.if you don' t do it there way they may deduct from the price they give you.if your keeping it for your self then do it like you would anything else.you can cut it along the belly,from the tail to the lower jaw. then down each leg and strip the tail.start at the rear legs then the tail and work your way forward to the head.some fur buyers want them case skinned,make cuts on the inside of each rear leg.strip the tail and then skin the rest out whole with out making any more cuts to the pelt.case skinning utilizes more of the fur and all of the soft under belly fur,much less waste.
Old 03-04-2003, 06:50 PM

Default RE: How do you skin a coyote

Hello visitor,
Let me give you a little idea! I skin for a taxidermist and you will think I' m crazy but here goes. If you are trapping just step on the cyote or smother him using the exhaust pipe! If you shot him use a 22 nothing else! NO GUT SHOTS OR THE STINK WILL GAG A MAGET! Take your knife and slit the skin between his lip and gum small hole. Take a air gun with 80 plus pounds of pressure. stick the air gun in the cut and blow the coyote up! laugh because it will seperate the skin from the body. I case the pelt from the butt hole and turn the skin wrong side out. pressure wash the blood and stretch with a borax rub. THIS WILL WORK I DO IT ALL THE TIME. good luck!!!!!