Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
 Thinking about the T/C Encore Pro Hunter Rifle >

Thinking about the T/C Encore Pro Hunter Rifle

Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Thinking about the T/C Encore Pro Hunter Rifle

Old 04-07-2008, 10:35 PM

Default Thinking about the T/C Encore Pro Hunter Rifle

I'm thinking about getting this in either .243 for pronghorn and yotes, or .204 just for yotes. Either way, what do you guys think of this gun? I know it's a single shot, but I shoot well enough to have a single shot. Thanks
Old 04-08-2008, 09:32 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Anyone using the H&R Ultra Varmint Fluted?

After working up around 50 different loads for a freinds 22-250, the best group we could gain was an 1.25" group, he sold it shortly after that and got a DPMS A/R platform. Could have just been the rifle, but it ruined me on them!.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

All guns made for hunting only shoot one shot at a time. Makes them all 'single shots' so to speak. The beauty of the H&R is that you won't be out much money if you decide you don't like it. Not my cup of tea....rather have a Stevens bolt rifle myself.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:56 PM

thanks for the replies! I think i'm going with the T/C rifle. That way i can get other calibers if i like it. Anyone shooting a T/C around here? Is the Pro Hunter just a muzzleloader or is it available as a rifle also? Again, thanks for the info!
Old 04-09-2008, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot TCs but mine are all carbine length Contenders (yes they all only shoot one shot at a time). I don't feel handicapped by the chamberings or by the fact that they have to be opened after each shot and loaded by hand. No more so than a guy with a bow and arrows.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:44 AM

I have had one about 2 years, and it is a fine gun. They are a little finicky about what the shoot well. Mine is a .223 it will put 5 shots under a inch with Federal 50 grain HP. My reloads will do .75". The extra barrels cost less than the T/Cs but you will need to send the receiver back to H&R for fitting. There is a lot of information on these rifles at http://www.go2gbo.com/forums//index.php?PHPSESSID=9ff4947e9c79def967552d906d294e de&
Old 04-10-2008, 12:12 AM

Default RE: Thinking about the T/C Encore Pro Hunter Rifle

I'm looking at getting a T/C Encore Pro Hunter frame in Stainless steel, with the blacknon-thumbhole flex stock. Then i'll buy a 26" bbl for it and go from there. Still looking at some calibers. Anyone shoot 25-06 much? Would it be better for coyote and pronhorn than a .243? And does anyone know much of the 6.8 SPC? thanks
Old 04-10-2008, 08:34 PM
Fork Horn

I GOT THE TC PRO HUNTER WITH THUMBHOLE IN CAMO AND STAINLESS 50CAL
I LOVE THE GUN SHOOTS GREAT, ONLY ONE THING I DONT LIKE IS THE RAM ROD THE T HANDLE KINDA RATTLES IF YOU BUMP THE GUN ON YOUR KNEE OR SOMTHING ,BUT YOUR LOOKING FOR THE RIFLE SO YOU WONT HAVE THAT TO WORY ABOUT,.,

DR KILL
Old 04-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really like my Encore's. Some Encore's shoot better than others, but mine shoot well. I just bought a new MGM barrel in 223 for grounds hog hunting this year.

IMO the Pro Hunter is over priced, there is not a lot of difference between the Pro Hunter and the standard rifle. I do not think the Pro Hunter is worth the extra money. You can buy a standard action and a custom MGM barrel for less money than the cost of a Pro Hunter. Take a look at that before you buy the Pro Hunter.

Here is a picture of my MGM 6.5X284. Tom.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:05 AM
Typical Buck

I have a contender G2 currently that I have the 45 cal MZ barrel for. I also have a 17 HRM and a 30-30 win for it. I had an encore but I sold it because the damn thing was so heavy. I have no Idea why they can't make a single shot rifle to weigh less than a bolt action repeater.

I would buy the pro hunter or another encore in a minute if they could shave a pound off of the damn thing. My contender weighs a little over 5 pounds without the scope, which adds another 10 ounces. So I am carrying 6 pounds or so of gun compared to 8 or 9 with the encore.

If they would add the benefits of the pro hunter to the contender I'd buy one of those also. Switchable hammer, easy open breech and that new recoil reducing stock would all be upgrades as far as I care.

Quick Reply: Thinking about the T/C Encore Pro Hunter Rifle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.