Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

North Carolina Air Gun Regulations.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:21 PM

Default North Carolina Air Gun Regulations.

Hey guys, my name is Damir and I'm brand new to hunting. I recently purchased a summer cottage very near to the Holly Shelter Game Land preserve in North Carolina, and I was hoping to begin hunting there next season. My first game will be squirrels, but I will then move up to bigger and better things. My main question is regarding air gun regulations in North Carolina state preserves. The regulations booklet does not mention anything about them, and I'm finding it very difficult to find any literature at all! Is air gun hunting legal on North Carolina state land? Do I need a hunter's license if I will be hunting strictly with a .177 caliber air rifle? Do the same laws and regulations apply for air guns as they do for firearms? I know there are a lot of questions, but I don't want to be hit with a fine or jail time my first time out!

Thanks for all of your help!
Old 03-03-2008, 07:02 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: North Carolina Air Gun Regulations.

I cant help with N.C. laws , but in Michigan a bb, pellet gun is the same as any other firearm when hunting.