Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Coyote mouth calls ???

Old 02-29-2008, 03:19 PM
Typical Buck

Default Coyote mouth calls ???

I recently learned that I am lacking certain sounds in my calls. I have no way to reproduce coyote vocalizations. I was hoping you guys could help me out with some ideas. What would be some good mouth calls to get? I looked at Bass Pro and Cabelas but, I can't tell one from the next. I would like to buy as few calls as possible{ofcourse}. What would be a good call that can make a bunch of sounds? Or a good comination of calls would be helpful. Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:23 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Coyote mouth calls ???

If you go to cabelas look for the tallyho, the hot dog and the little dog by primos. you should be set for vocalizations and a distress hand calls.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Typical Buck

I looked for the Tallyho with no luck. I did find the Hot dog and the Little dog. I was looking for the Tallyho at the time so I didn't give it much thought though.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:34 AM
Typical Buck

I found the Tally-Ho. Now how do I use the thing? I just ordered it from Rhino Calls. It should be here next week sometime. I didn't see an instructional video for it . Any thoughts on a good video or audio instructional source?
Old 03-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Fork Horn

Randy Anderson Videos (calling all coyotes)he uses the tallyho, hot dog, little dog and the double whammy
Old 03-01-2008, 01:57 PM
Typical Buck

Tea standsleeper, If you get the hotdog or the little dog, I think they come with a cd to learn you how to blow them. The tallyho is probeblly the easyest to blow. When you get it you"ll see, the ferter you stick it bettween you lips the lower the tone. That would be a plus if you get the Randy Anderson vidieo, couse he gives you instuction on them, and the tallyho. brought one in this morning with the tallyho, a female with a nice coat.
Old 03-01-2008, 03:48 PM
Typical Buck

just a little female that wernt as smart as her mate. I hope the pic shows up..
Old 03-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Typical Buck

Almost had a double, but her mate stayed out like they do. hung around for a while but was hold up behind some brush about 250 or 300yds. The bullet went in her shoulder came out her gut, along with half her stomach. Did"nt go far at all.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Typical Buck

Picked up calling all Coyote today. Volume 2 . I haven't watched it yet. I'm sure you'll get her mate next chance you get.Checked out Dead Coyote loads. Wow!!! A bit pricey. They cost More per round than my Hornady SST shot gun slugs. I thought those were expensive. If they are as good as those Hornadys, they are worth the price. I took a doe from 115yds with my Mossberg this year. I never would have taken the shot without those shells in my gun.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:13 PM
Typical Buck

Well ,you get what you pay for ya know. Those dead coyote loads are the cats meow as far as I"m conserned. Hope you get that tallyho in the mail soon, that will come in handy.

Quick Reply: Coyote mouth calls ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.