Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Inexpensive Electronic Callers???

Old 02-15-2008, 11:28 AM
Fork Horn

Default Inexpensive Electronic Callers???

I'm planning on buying me an electronic caller here real soon and was wondering if the callers that are in the $40-$50 range are effective?I'm sure it won't have the full benefits of the other higher pricedcalls but I don't have the money for those right now.
Thanks,
JE
Old 02-15-2008, 05:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Inexpensive Electronic Callers???

Hey Bama man, yea you can get some e-callers for that price range, but you will not have the volume you would need for calling a big area. It may be fine for a small woods or creek bottom, but for about 150 bucks you should be able to get a Johnny Stewart Prey Master that will serve you well.If you have alot of small areas it may be fine, Just remember uncle sam should be giving you a nice bonus in june 08.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:17 PM
Typical Buck

$25 CD player/radio from Wal-Mart. Then go to Varmintal.com and download the Allcalls.zip. Then you can burn the calls in any sequence to a CD and play them on the CD player. If you look at Al's, he has a series of calls that he uses. Just replicate those if you don't know what order you want them in.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:41 PM
Typical Buck

bamahuntin you can get a johnny stewart preymaster from sportsmans guide for $99 it comes with 3 sound cards that have 4 sounds on each. I used one of these for several years before I upgraded to a foxpro.The prey master is a excellent call.You can buy extra sound cards for about$20 each.Varmintal's web page also has the instructions to build your own e-caller using a mp3 player and amplifier of some sort for about $50-$60 with stuff you can get at radio shack or any electronics supply store.PS if you are able to wait and save up more money Johnny Stewart is now offering a wireless model PM for about $200 it uses the regular PM sound cards I think.Hope this helps.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:32 AM
Typical Buck

Hey #68 Idon"t know if all the fox pro"s are able to do it, but my prey master specker plugs into my buddts fox pro. It is really nice for coyote vocals, really ads volume. There is a jack on the side of his, he was worried about scewing it up, but works fine.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:30 PM
Typical Buck

yes my FX3 would do this,but I decided to sell my PM a few months back since it had been just setting around,the PM speaker will really crank out crow calls also hooked to a foxpro with the bass speaker turned off,it is real loud like that,I can get another loud speaker but I probably wouldn't use it for anything but crow hunting and the FX3 horn speaker is loud enough for around here,I gave a guy in tennessee a good deal,I sold him my old PM and 7 sound cards for $125,he was happy with it.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

Thats a real good idea, I never thought of using it for crows. It does sound like you gave that guy a good deal, I think I gave $149.00 for my PM.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Typical Buck

Yes I use it all the time for crows,you should try the crow card in your PM the one with crow come here worked great for me and my little girl,she loves to go with me and push the buttons,since she's to little to shoot a shotgun,but she can put the hurt on a frog or squirrel,she ask me the other day when frog season started,we just ate or last bag of frog legs,and she was ready to go then,but she'll wait til May and then we'll get out her 22 and go to the pond.