Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Does this season have less coyotes

Old 02-11-2008, 10:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default Does this season have less coyotes

Is it slower than normal for everyone or is it just in my region,or is it that everybody is starting to hunt predators.I haven't been as successful as normal this season.Just wondering if it's everywhere?
Old 02-12-2008, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Does this season have less coyotes

It's been pretty good in my core hunting area here in Colo., BUT been slow from low numbers in the area in N.W. KS. where I went this last weekend. There was a one day calling contest on Sat. back in KS. that had 43 two man teams and there were only 7 coyotes and one bobcat brought in, and the calling conditions weren't that bad.
Numbers of coyotes goes up some years and back down some years, all across the country. Lots of different reason from drought to mange to lack of food sources.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:18 PM

Hello from Nebraska,
This has so far been the slowest, worst I've seen in years, Mange in the yotes has been bad the last couple of years, and with are cold winters I'm afraid it has really has hurt them.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

not bad here, might actually do better than last year with the hounds and only had 1 manged yote
Old 02-12-2008, 06:21 PM

here in michigan the coyote hunting and trapping has been really good for me. i cought a total of 12 coyotes and have hunted8coyotes so far. i will admit that mange has beena little worse this year.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:55 PM
Fork Horn

i'm in southern indiana and things have been real slow here.
i'm finding out there are quite a few people hunting them now.
not seeing near as many but i know there here.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:50 PM
Typical Buck

thanks guys for the updates,this is my 11th season of hunting coyotes and by far the slowest season I have ever had ,Thanks alot I haven't got to hunt as much this year as normal,maybe this fall will be great!!!
Old 02-13-2008, 04:26 AM

ya i will admit there not as thick but it justs depends on were you hunt them and how many other people are hunting them in the area
Old 02-13-2008, 05:33 PM
Typical Buck

I have many places in Illinois, and yea some spots seem slowwer some years more than others. one farm I hunt every year has alot of dogs on it. It"s on the cusp of the urban sprawl, every direction you can see new houses, but the dogs are thick. In 2005 got 5 dogs in a 2 week span, all males. Got two this year on some farm.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:39 PM
Fork Horn

i live in north central nebraska and the mange has a lot of them here killed off,and the fox population is going up because of it. This year has been really bad for coyotes i have only killed one that wasn't mangey, but 9 that were.

Quick Reply: Does this season have less coyotes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.