Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

need Little help

Old 11-27-2007, 08:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default need Little help

i am getting a shotgun and wont to start rabbit and squirrel hunting

what is the best way to skin them and gut them was watching manvswild the other day and he caught a rabbit skinned it and then guted it is that how i should do it where should i start skinning it the head or feet
Old 11-28-2007, 02:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: need Little help

Rabbit:
start at the achillies tendon, the fur between the leg bone and the tendon.
The fur will be easy to pull off then. DO ON BOTH SIDES.
Pull the fur all the way down to the neck until you cant pull anymore.
Then (take a very sharp knife) and very carefully cut down the middle from head tothe back legs,but just under the meat, dont cut the guts underneath or your screwed.[&:]and it stinks[:'(]and rewns the meat. Then carefully pull out the guts and all the rest. Rinse well. Then what i like to do is take the flabbi skinbetween the rib cage and back legs. You might not but i do. Then brake of therest of thelegs of with the fur on them. Thenring the neck untilit comes off. Oh and make sure youcut the tail off after you pull the fur off at the beginning. Thenrinse off very well and make sure you got all the guts and heart and things out. Then set in ice cold water and let soak from 20-24 hours. Then set rabbit and bowl in the frige and thats it. your done
Old 11-29-2007, 02:41 PM

Default RE: need Little help

to much work.cut the skin on the top of the back and pull both ways the skin will peel off to the head and feet then cut the head and feet offthen cut the stomach open with out cutting into the guts then wash the meat and you are done. you can quarter it if you like or cut up how you wish