Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

[Deleted]

Old 01-21-2003, 05:24 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-21-2003, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fox and coyotes, which gun????

A 12 gauge loaded with 4 buck with a full choke will work well out to 50 yrds. on broadside coyote, and obviously fox too. If 30 yrds. is the max. distance that you will be taking shots, a modified chock would work as well or better than the full.
Old 01-22-2003, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

if i go out looking for fox or coyote(instead of one or the other)i like to use a 2 3/4 inch shotgun loaded with any turkey load.for me its magnum-bufferd #4 shot with a 28 inch mod choke barrel.although this maybe conciderd a little lite for coyote it works great on fox and as long as the coyote is 30 yards or less it will roll them right over.

Edited by - coyoteseeker on 01/22/2003 19:17:52
Old 01-26-2003, 09:50 AM

HNI I just read an article in hunting illustrated about this vary topic, if you are able to obtain a copy off this it may help you. the articles title is " the perfect predetor gun" check it out you may like it. Now from my stand point I like the new and veristile .17 cal. very efective round and I believe ( but not possitive ) that several manufactorers produce this gun. very enjoyable to shoot, and lite to carry. also it is overall a very short gun and equipped with a burris 3X9 I believe I could shot the ugly off of a fly at 200 yrds. ( o.k. maybe a little over stated ) but a damn good kller!!!
good luck hunting and GOD BLSS AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!