Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

callers

Old 11-11-2007, 07:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default callers

im looking to get into predator hunting...thing is, the cheaper the better...looking for a light and a caller..

think i found my answer. nite lite has a dennis kirk "game buster pro" cassette caller..its on a rechargeable 6volt battery and 15watt speaker..140$ plus tapes...

but, i can order a head lamp and spotlight to go with it...for another 30$ or so each...which plugs right into the caller...

i was looking at spending more than that on the light and spotlight itself...

anyone happen to have that setup?? i may call nite lite and talk to someone there tomarrow..sounds like it may be the way to go...id be calling with ~200$ spent...

or does anyone have any suggestions on lights/spotlights and callers??

was also looking at a johnny stewart prey master..uses memory cards..but not sure on battery usage/volume and range and things like that...

i dont know..looking to get into it, but dont wanna go broke...just think it may be my new addiction...sounds like a blast..love calling critters in...and love fur(used to run coon hounds..still do with a buddy when i can..) and it'll gimme another reason to be in the woods...and i got some spots that should prove to be pretty good fur hunting spots...
Old 11-12-2007, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: callers

Hey mauser go towww.varmintals.comlook up el cheapo. It's a homade caller he gives directions on how to make it. Plus he gives you free sounds and sound loops. The most expensive thing is the mp3 or CD player. But if you have and old one laying around your half way there. It's really simple to make. Give it a look a see what you think. I made one a while back here's a pic.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

It fits real nice in this pack

Old 11-12-2007, 09:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

hmmm looks like i can MAKE one for what...maybe 50$ or so...

whats that mini amplified speaker do?? do you have sound coming from it AND the bigger speaker or hows that work??

will i beable to get it loud enough with a CD player?? think it may be easier to just buy CDs than mess around with mp3s..but i dont know..

will also use it for crow hunting..as well as coon, yote and fox calling...

looks simple and effective enough to get me started...if it works well enough...as long as it gets the sound out loud enough, it should work...even got rechargable batteries that will work awesome for the setup...

Old 11-12-2007, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mauser,
The amp magnifies the sound to the speaker and uses a 9v bat. It gets loud enough you just don't want it so loud your sound distorts. A CD player will work fine.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

thanx alot...just might be riggin one up this weekend heck, if i rig er up friday i might be hunting by saturday morning!! lol.

i got a big gray fox i seen the past 2 archery seasons i want..both times i seen him he wasnt prime or in season...hes target number 1...

have a feeling this season will be more of a learning season....though i will be hunting critters that go unhunted...so i may get lucky...
Old 11-12-2007, 09:20 PM
Typical Buck

I have an E-caller that is now collecting dust. I recently bought a few mount blown callers that have done very well for me. I am not by any means a Great caller, but I think just making noise with these is giving me the best luck by far. By a cheap, variable pitch, mouth blown caller and play with it. Try to simulate something that is dying. Doesn't have to be exactly like a rabbit or whatever, just 10-12 short bursts of waaaa and taper off. See what happens and go from there. I usually repeat every minute or so until I see a yote.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mauser06

hmmm looks like i can MAKE one for what...maybe 50$ or so...

whats that mini amplified speaker do?? do you have sound coming from it AND the bigger speaker or hows that work??

will i beable to get it loud enough with a CD player?? think it may be easier to just buy CDs than mess around with mp3s..but i dont know..

will also use it for crow hunting..as well as coon, yote and fox calling...

looks simple and effective enough to get me started...if it works well enough...as long as it gets the sound out loud enough, it should work...even got rechargable batteries that will work awesome for the setup...

I made one of these a couple weeks ago cost a grand total of about 65 bucks. the Mp3's from varmintal arent hard at all to deal with im sure you have burned cd's and mixed tracks? basically the same prinicipal.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

i have done that HDW...and do have an ipod i dont use for much..

the thing that kinda throws me through a loop with the mp3 thing is finding the sound you want to play at that time...and making the sound play long enough so im not sitting there clicking buttons all night. though, no batteries, better sound, and custom sounds would be nice...and i could always buy sounds CDs and rip them and put them onto the player...but still dont know how id search for the sounds i wanted and have them play long enough...
Old 11-14-2007, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mauser

varmintals has a sound sequence 16min and 20 min has 1 min delays. Check it out you can playit and get ideas or down load it and use it for free.

Quick Reply: callers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.