Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Hosting a predator hunt!

Old 10-24-2007, 08:09 PM

Default Hosting a predator hunt!

I have held a predator hunt the last few years in North Texas and have had great success with entry but have heard alot of people say they wont enter because of cheaters. Anyone have any good ideas other than lie detector tests, which are expensive, to keep things honest? If you have ever seen any way to keep the folks honest let me know. Thanks
Old 10-25-2007, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hosting a predator hunt!

I've heard of people coming out here to west Tx and havesting a bunch of varmints and hauling them back to the areas of contest!Cheaters spend alot of cash to cheat!
Old 10-29-2007, 08:00 AM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

call it a hunt instead of a contest. Don't have a huge cash pay out as money makes people cheat. Instead, take all the money and buy tons of raffle prizes. That way, everyone comes out awinner. Shift the focus from winning a contest to having a predator get together for fun. To deter cheaters, you can use the block in the mouth method (ala vha rules). that means having a pre-hunt get together to give out the blocks, however.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:32 AM

you need to have all the guys in the contest enter as singles NO TEAMS. then you put there names in a hat anddraw the names you have everyone in two man teamsrequire them to hunt as such no spliting up thereare alot more honest guys than cheaters when the cheaters dont know who there partner will be they wont enter or they will just have to play by the rules
Old 10-31-2007, 03:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I kind of like the raffle idea. Takes some of the incintive out of cheating, and even if they do cheat, they are not advantaged by doing so.