Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

rabbit

Old 08-26-2007, 12:34 PM

Default RE: rabbit

He wasnt arguing he was just stating that he prefers the bow because its more of a challenge to him. Hes not bashing guns. Hes jus stating his opinion. Oh and btw i would usually go late in the evening but i have football at that time now so i would probably go before school if i wanted to. Also i have killed rabbits with my pellet gun before its a break-barrel gamo that shoots at 1,000 fps if i shoot a rabbit with it i usually try for the head so if i miss the head its usually un harmed or hit in the neck.
ORIGINAL: iamdeathtodeer

NO!!!!!
I thought I closed this argument!!!!!
OK, everyone ignore bowhunterjim(no offense man) and we can all get back to talking about hunting rabbit!!!!!!
This thread is about hunting rabbit!!!!
Get back on topic!!!!!
Old 08-26-2007, 01:37 PM

dude i would try some counsoling if u get that worked up over a internet forum.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Did you get him this weekend Brod?
Old 08-27-2007, 04:15 PM
Typical Buck

no i checked this afternoon and it had been knocked down, so i reset up further on the trail and kinda made a corall with sticks driven in the ground leading to a snare about head high and a littlebigger than his head so we'll see tomorrow.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Brod_Man

i dont think i got him yet but i gotta check my trap today i left it all weekend on a well used trail on top of a log hed hop over so im gonna go down soon and check. wish me luck
wish you luck??

WTF is wrong with you?
NO SELF RESPECTING trapper (or hunter, or human being, for that matter) would leave a set trap out and not check it for a weekend

not only are you wasting game (and don't tell me you would eat a 2 day old dead -in -the -sun animal)

but that animal would be suffering the whole time....you need some seroius guidance, man.

it must be like lord of the flies where you live
Old 08-27-2007, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: moose1915

i dont think i got him yet but i gotta check my trap today i left it all weekend on a well used trail on top of a log hed hop over so im gonna go down soon and check. wish me luck
wish you luck??

WTF is wrong with you?
NO SELF RESPECTING trapper (or hunter, or human being, for that matter) would leave a set trap out and not check it for a weekend

not only are you wasting game (and don't tell me you would eat a 2 day old dead -in -the -sun animal)

but that animal would be suffering the whole time....you need some seroius guidance, man.

it must be like lord of the flies where you live
Whoa! A lil' hostility there. [X(]

But, he's right, it probably wasnt a smart idea to to leave the trap unchecked... predators and scavengers could have got the rabbit, or it could have suffered. Or, the rabbit was too slick for your trap .

Not a big deal, though.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:23 PM
Typical Buck

okay two things. i went camping all weekend so i couldnt check it, and its a snare so it will kill itself.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

understandable.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:15 PM

what kind of snare set-up are you using? ive caught hundreds of animals in snares, and 90 percent were still alive. everything from opossums to fox and coyotes. unless you are using a whammy collar or similar device, or deliberately making an entanglement set, little bunny-rabbit will probably be alive. what's the vendetta againt ol bugs bunny anyway? r they in season where u are at? most states have a mandatory 24 hr. check on traps and snares what about yours?

good luck, brian
Old 08-28-2007, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

okay two things. i went camping all weekend so i couldnt check it, and its a snare so it will kill itself.
then you should have disarmed the trap before you went camping.

And why are you killing things like rabbits and not using them?

Peta loves people like you.

Quick Reply: rabbit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.