Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Black Coyote

Old 08-12-2007, 10:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default Black Coyote

A good friend's wife shot this black coyote in a lane cut into Bull Swamp behind their house. They also got a picture of another blackone that appears to be as large as a german shepherd.

Old 08-12-2007, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Black Coyote

That looks like a black panther to me.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:05 PM
Spike

I saw a black one behind my house last year....did'nt know what it was at first...really black, long legs, long snout....found 'em on the internet..they are in East Tennessee....Have'nt seem him again...
Old 08-12-2007, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not trying to be a smart a$$ but it looks like it's got a little domestic dog in it.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:36 AM
Fork Horn

That is a coydog, a mix between a coyote and a dometicated dog.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:14 AM
Typical Buck

my dad was pushing bush to me last season and a black coyote came out. when i first saw it, it was crouched or sitting by a fence and i actually thought it was a mulie facing me, but I wasnt sure. I looked at it for a second and saw the ears and realised it was a coyote. It started running and I shot at it, but because I swung on it like a bird I probally hit a tree or something, because im positive the sights were right on it.Then asilver one with apretty decentcoat came out of the bush and joined it. After that ive decided to just not shoot at running stuff, but this was an interesting coyote.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Typical Buck

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WfiGAOJKi00
(black coyote video)
Old 08-13-2007, 07:25 PM

I 've killed a back one and a red one here in Pa.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:17 PM

I've seen them too here in Ky.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:53 PM
Spike

The reason for different colored yotes is twofold. Historically, coyotes lived west of the Mississippi & Red Wolves lived east.... In time, the Red Wolf population diminished, & the coyote ventured across the Mississippi. In due process, they mated, & since then, you'll have different colored versions of the yote. Don't forget to throw in the wild dogaddition for them to mate with& you'll never know what colorto expect. The only yote I've shot was of the original color & I too have seen brownish red & all black around my neck of the woods as well.

Quick Reply: Black Coyote

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.