Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

A Miracle In Nature

Old 08-05-2007, 06:08 PM

Default A Miracle In Nature

Hey. Has an bowhunters ever came across a miracle? I mean like, for example, say you were bowhunting Cottontails and you shot one at 20 feet, then when you went to go retrieve the arrow, another rabbit sprints out of the brush 15 feet beside you and you set that arrow you just killed the rabbit with on your bowstring and take a shot atthe sprinting rabbit, and hit it dead on. Two kills with the same arrow....amazing. It would be instinctive shooting I think, to be able to determine the arrows flight path into a running rabbit, and they sprint pretty fast. I have wondered if any of you small game hunters like myself have ever had something like this happen to them. Also, I hunt Cottontails with my 50" long, 30# bow and I have a hunting pattern, but I don't know if it is the correct way to move towards a rabbit. The way I have done it, which has only gotten me 3 rabbits so far, is I move in a zig zag pattern moving slowly and steadily, never getting behind the rabbit unless it turns away. Then when im about 20-25 feet away I let arrows loose and I get clean kills. My arrow travels at only 75-85 MPH but the rabbit doesn't have enough time to dodge the arrow.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: A Miracle In Nature

Used to do it all the time phesant hunting with a bow. I'm sure there are still a bunch of bow hunters out there shooting phesant.
Ask about it in bow hunting forum.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:24 PM
Typical Buck

Well, I dont know if it is a miracle but it was pretty crazy. Me and my friend were doing some bow fishing and we came up on a log jam with a nice size carp hanging out behind it, and he took a shot and missed but hit another one that we couldnt even see. I could probably think of some other things, but I dont feel like thinking right now-lol
Old 08-13-2007, 10:01 AM

Oooh Oooh I saw a male squirrel trying to mate with a female squirrel and I shot the female. Even though it was dead the male still mated with it!!!!
Talk about desperate