Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

What Next

Old 07-26-2007, 08:37 PM

Default What Next

OK so you spend the time, money and make the perfect shot to drop that infamous yote, what next? Do you sell the fur, or tan the fur or what. Ive heard of bounties and fur markets but cant find them. Is this just rumors?
Old 07-26-2007, 08:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What Next

The fur markethelped build and discoverthis country... yeah it exists.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:45 PM
Typical Buck

sell it, if its that infamous, someone will pay a pretty penny for the pelt, it may not just jump out at ya, but there will be somebody. my uncle shot a bobcat a few years ago, tanned the pelt, and had an offer for like $50, but he liked it and held onto it, he just sold it for $200, not a fortune, but well worht the time and effort.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

In the past we have always sold directly to local fur buyers. I have always sold my dead coyotes in the round, unskinned. Although you get more money for skinned, strectched and dried, I have never taken the time to do all that and really don't have a suitable place to do it either. BUT last year we found a taxidermist that bought all of our coyotes, he then paid another guy to skin them and then he tanned them and sold them to a lady who was going to make throws with them. Last year we got $20 for each and every coyote that we sold, best price in years.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:41 PM

Thanks, I dont liking killing and letting them lay and havent heared of a good yote recipes lately. I've always heard of fur buyers but I really dont know where to find one. Can buyers be found on the net?
Old 07-29-2007, 10:26 AM

When it comes to yotes around here I would not think twice about leaving them if I could not get money for em. Around here a dead yote is a good yote. I really have a distaste for animals that kill for fun as well.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd keep the hide and put it in my room. As for the meat, I'd ditch it. Where I'm from, yotes are considered more as "varmint" than they are "predator."
Old 07-30-2007, 09:29 PM

Like I said I havent heard of a good way to cook yoteee, but it would be a fun trick to pull on my brother
Old 07-31-2007, 10:55 PM

Actually, my wife has this great recipe!! I'm just kiddin, I wander if you could use them as bait for more yotes after you skin them?
Old 08-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Fork Horn

I'd mount the exceptionally great yote, the rest get piled up in the gut hole.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.