Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Throw some gas on the fire.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Throw some gas on the fire.

ORIGINAL: conner_condor

You hit a squirrel or fox or coonor skunk or possum,porcipine with your car, you see it flopping around in your rear view mirror, Are you going to stop and finish it off or just keep on trucking? Me I am trucking along.. Now how many of these people who hitone of these animalswould do the same as if it was a deer? They are both animals.Why does one deserve not to suffer and another one does to these people???If adeer jumped out in front of my car and I hit it, Damn right it can suffer back there. Look at the damage it did to my truck or car. The SOB can stay there for all I care. Now how many animals have you made suffer that wasn't worth the time to stop and finish it off or even look for it for that matter?
i might stop just to get out and kick it a couple of times
Old 07-10-2007, 04:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Dairy King
What if I accidentally hit you with my car and your legs and arms are broke, and you can't move. Can I just leave you there to die? Even though it may take a few days all the while your in excruciating pain?
You sound like a spokes person for peta... Most likely you would be in jail and never be able to drive again. We can only hope that you never do that to a person...I can't even believe someone would say something like that on a hunting site. Compare a human to an animal. Where are your priorities at? Humans and animals are different. Look it up. Unreal man..You shouldn't even be hunting with comment like that.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:51 PM

ORIGINAL: bigjim12

ORIGINAL: conner_condor

You hit a squirrel or fox or coonor skunk or possum,porcipine with your car, you see it flopping around in your rear view mirror, Are you going to stop and finish it off or just keep on trucking? Me I am trucking along.. Now how many of these people who hitone of these animalswould do the same as if it was a deer? They are both animals.Why does one deserve not to suffer and another one does to these people???If adeer jumped out in front of my car and I hit it, Damn right it can suffer back there. Look at the damage it did to my truck or car. The SOB can stay there for all I care. Now how many animals have you made suffer that wasn't worth the time to stop and finish it off or even look for it for that matter?
i might stop just to get out and kick it a couple of times
LMAO.. Dairy King might do that to someone also if he hits them???
Old 07-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

You guys are being turds twards the dairy king. Having a heart is human nature. And yea, I kill alot of animals.Most of the time I dont feel bad,or I wouldnt have killed it.But an accident is a differant story.Now I know most everyone is close to there dogs,and feel pretty darn bad when it comes time to put em down. But you do it because its ending the suffering, and the right thing to do. Its still an animal. So lay off the guy,heck, I drag dead animals off the road just cause they look messy and why should anyone have to look at it.That doesnt make me a card carrying PETA member does it?
Old 07-11-2007, 05:23 PM

ORIGINAL: furgitter

You guys are being turds twards the dairy king. Having a heart is human nature. And yea, I kill alot of animals.Most of the time I dont feel bad,or I wouldnt have killed it.But an accident is a differant story.Now I know most everyone is close to there dogs,and feel pretty darn bad when it comes time to put em down. But you do it because its ending the suffering, and the right thing to do. Its still an animal. So lay off the guy,heck, I drag dead animals off the road just cause they look messy and why should anyone have to look at it.That doesnt make me a card carrying PETA member does it?
Let's get something straight here.Noone started on dairy king.. I am the only one who said something about his comment..You believe his post is ok and it should of just been let alone without an attack??Again, a family pet is different than a wild animal. Look it up.. A pet is not a wild animal..

So a bad shot from a gun that someone else thinks is under caliber, and the animal runs off and dies,, and people criticises others about it.. Again,no different than hitting an animal with a car and letting it suffer by these same people who criticizes others...I advise these people who drives thesesmall vehicles to get something bigger, that way when they do hit an animal, it will kill it on the spot with a higher %..

Again, Why do some animals deserve to die more humane than others?? What's the difference between whacking a duck with a ballbat and a rat?? People will cuss and throw a fit over that duck and not that rat.. Why is that??
One swing each and they both are going to die instant..
Old 07-11-2007, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I still say your anology between hunting situations and vehicle situations is flawed. One is an accident, and one has, or should have, a conscious decesion being made! One situation you have, or should have, control over the out come, and the other, you usaually don't have control on the outcome.
As far as the difference between a rat and a duck, one has the "pest/varmint/disease carrying" label and the other doesn't! An animal that does damage, is known to carry disease, and is labeled varmint/pest isn't in the same catagory as other aniamls!
Old 07-11-2007, 06:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Howler

I still say your anology between hunting situations and vehicle situations is flawed. One is an accident, and one has, or should have, a conscious decesion being made! One situation you have, or should have, control over the out come, and the other, you usaually don't have control on the outcome.
As far as the difference between a rat and a duck, one has the "pest/varmint/disease carrying" label and the other doesn't! An animal that does damage, is known to carry disease, and is labeled varmint/pest isn't in the same catagory as other aniamls!
Decision being made. Ok, you have the decision to go back and make sure that animal is dead after you hit it. No matter what that animal is or how you wounded it.. If it was an accident that makes it allright for one kind of animal to suffer and another not??

So it is allright to kill a Rat that carries diseases with a bat and not the duck just because of that?? Ok,The duck has H5N1.. Is it acceptable to use the bat on the duck now??
Old 07-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dead is dead, use the bat.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I been reading about what is ethical weapon to use on prey.
Let's stick with your first topic which is all about hunters and what they choose to use as weapons. Hitting animals with vehicles does not fall in the same catagory. An accident is an accident, unlike mother nature, a human was involved yes, BUT the human usually has no control on the outcome.
If the bat gets the job done quickly and effectively, then it sure seems ethical to me. I guess you must be able to fly to get that close to a duck with a bat
Old 07-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mabe its a realy BIG bat!

Quick Reply: Throw some gas on the fire.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.