Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

What do you use a .22 for?

Old 07-05-2007, 09:03 PM

Default RE: What do you use a .22 for?

Paper, tin cans, tree stumps, squirrels
Old 07-05-2007, 09:04 PM

ORIGINAL: corndog09

im new to the website and need help, would a .22 be good enough for hunting bobcat?
NO
Old 07-05-2007, 09:32 PM

I use mine mainly for Alaskan Moose
Old 07-06-2007, 10:20 AM

ORIGINAL: TNHagies
dove, and I've even killed a couple deer w/one. .22s are in my opinion one of the best rounds ever created. You can do a whole lot w/them, they make a great training tool for youngsters and they are cheap to shoot.
You should know that hunting doves with a rifle is illegal (federal law)

It might be legal to hunt deer with a 22 where you are but most places require a centerfire rifle for deer.

No doubt the 22 is a great and versitile round but you've got to know the limitations and legalities
Old 07-07-2007, 01:49 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: lethalconnection

LMAO... You might want something smaller lethalconnection thats a little much for the moose. Wouldnt want to see you waste any of the meat.

Have shot a lot with my .22 but nothing reallybigger then a coon.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

quote:

ORIGINAL: lethalconnection

LMAO... You might want something smaller lethalconnection thats a little much for the moose. Wouldnt want to see you waste any of the meat.

Have shot a lot with my .22 but nothing really bigger then a coon.
How about a 1000 lb Grizly with CCI 22 Cbs

That would be a chalange LoL
Only a Joke,

Kids don't try this at home.
Only the Truely Stupid would even try it.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:35 PM

I use my .22s mainly for killing rabbits and grouse.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Crittergiter

ORIGINAL: TNHagies
dove, and I've even killed a couple deer w/one..22s are in my opinion one of the best rounds ever created. You can do a whole lot w/them, they make a great training tool for youngsters and they are cheap to shoot.
You should know that hunting doves with a rifle is illegal (federal law)

It might be legal to hunt deer with a 22 where you are but most places require a centerfire rifle for deer.

No doubt the 22 is a great and versitile round but you've got to know the limitations and legalities
I never said it was legal and I know the limitations. I'm sure you too did a lot of things as a kid that you don't do now. My point in the orginal post was that people get too consumed w/if a round won't blow the animal in half then it won't kill it.That's simply not true.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well there was just a thread on here very similar to this.Most said they wouldnt even shoot a coyote with a .22lr.It takes some experience but it will kill alot more then rabbit.And most bobcats can be killed with one under 50 yards.If you are talking .22wmr then will go farther depending on you shooting ability.It is not a deer round but lots have been killed with one.Poachers choice round to keep the noise down.If you shoot animals 50lbs or lessat reasonable rangesit will work fine.I still prefer my .22wmr or my .220swift for most of my small game hunting.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:30 PM

i use a .22 for gophers, prairie dogs < 50 yards, squirrels, muskrats, skunks, coons and target practice. any critter bigger than a coon i'm using the .22-250 or a shotgun for close shots

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.