Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

It's happened again!

Old 05-22-2007, 09:42 PM

Default It's happened again!

Another Coyote attacks a small child

For those of you who hunt and needed a little more motivation!
Old 05-23-2007, 10:09 AM

Default RE: It's happened again!

shootem all
Old 05-23-2007, 10:45 AM
Fork Horn

where do you guys live and where did the attack take place?

I've never heard of this type of behavior in the south. I've had a couple come after me---but it was because I was blowing a turkey call and they were fooled. I wonder if the northern and western coyotes are more aggressive?
Old 05-23-2007, 04:38 PM

The attack took place in New Jersey. I grew up in Ohio and live in Iowa now.

In Ohio a few years back, I remember hearing about a 'yote that jumped into a playpen and killed an infant. I've seen 'em walking through neighborhoods like they own the place.

If I ever get a shot at one, it's on like Donkey-Kong!
Old 05-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wow, that is pretty freaky - i am definetly going to be hunting yotes more this year
Old 05-24-2007, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

We have some landlords from California that are some serious tree huggers and they think its "pretty" when a coyote walks through their neighborhood in the Long Beach California area. Some people just don't understand that a brave coyote = a bad coyote.

I haven't read the article yet, but will once I am done typing this. I kill anywhere from 40-100 + coyotes a year depending on their population in my area and a few select honey holes out west and in Nebraksa.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rammer

We have some landlords from California that are some serious tree huggers and they think its "pretty" when a coyote walks through their neighborhood in the Long Beach California area. Some people just don't understand that a brave coyote = a bad coyote.

I haven't read the article yet, but will once I am done typing this. I kill anywhere from 40-100 + coyotes a year depending on their population in my area and a few select honey holes out west and in Nebraksa.
I actually have a friend in that area - she and her boyfriend aren't thrilled about that idea of seeing yotes that actually do that. I told them let me come over and I'll camp in the front with my bow
Old 05-24-2007, 08:49 PM

what part of nebraska do you hunt in rammer
im about an hour northwest of norfolk, havent found any nebraska hunters on this sight yet
Old 05-24-2007, 10:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I told my landlords in California that I would come to their place (they want me to come visit), only if I could bring my bow and shoot coyotes from their yard. Needless to say they didn't go for it.

coyote_buster - I hunt in the Hay Springs, Alliance and Chadron areas. I know a few ranchers out there, and one of my best hunting buddies was in Iraq with a guy down there and we got to hunt his ranch as well.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Those north eastern statesrefuse to get serious about coyotes. When i was growing up in the 50s there were no coyotes in the eastern US. Now they are all over the place. Have killed several on my visits to WV.

Quick Reply: It's happened again!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.