Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Racoons

Old 04-30-2007, 06:49 PM

Default RE: Racoons

feral cats or "barn cats" as people like to call those efficient little wild game killers and skunks and opossums are probaly the biggest grouse predators but to call in the coon there are tapes for electronic calleers that have coon kittens and things like that
Old 05-01-2007, 02:07 PM

ORIGINAL: mjreck21

I would like to try and harvest some racoons to see the grouse numbers go up. Anyone have any advice on how to hunt them? I have some coyote calls and I have called them in before with a wounded rabbit sound but looking for a different approach. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

We have been plaqued with racoons getting in to our bird feeders, tried everything including wiring up 120 volts. Zapped one but I think he was
the one that returned and figured out how to get around it.Tried a big box trap, he wouldn't go in. Finally took plywood and inserted short nails through it every square inch. That kept him but it was a pain settting it up every night. Last ditch effort I took two packs of rat poison and mixed it up on a paper plate and slid it under the porch. I haven't seen him since.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:10 PM

ORIGINAL: DANTHEHUNTER

What makes you think that will increase the grouse numbers?

They eat eggs.......