Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

crows

Old 03-16-2007, 05:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default crows

I was thinking about crow hunting to extend my hunt season but I really don't understand why I should kill a bird and not eat it. I was informed that crow was not table fair. Some others saycrows are a pest and need to bekept in check.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:11 AM

Default RE: crows

I hunt crows in pennsylvania. I have killed my fare share but they arent as easy as people think. u just cant go sit out in a field and kill them one after another. u need a good blind, some decoys and a good calling setup. They are a good food source for the possums and coons.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:55 PM

yeah, if you want to hunt and or trap coons and possums you can use it as bait or feed it to your cat or maybe the neighbors or something like that
Old 03-19-2007, 01:44 PM

i did not know that they like crow im going to try bringing them in with cro wany tips on crow hunting
Old 03-19-2007, 03:48 PM

get a good battery operated cd player.. goto ur local sportinggoods store and get a crow n distress cd or crow and hawk fight tape.. get a dozen decoys or so and put the decoys right out in front of where ur sitting about 20 yds.. the crows usually fly right over, but u have to be well camo'd and still.. get some #6's and have a good time
Old 03-21-2007, 02:09 PM

we bought a crow caller last weekend. be and the buddieshave been giving them a hard time the last few day. whata a life!!!!!!!!![8D][8D]
Old 03-22-2007, 05:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Crow hunting is great!
I have a blast doing it. Just bought a new call for $200 w/ some Johnny Stewart tapes for it. It is awesome.
It is much harder than one would think. They are smart!
Old 03-22-2007, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

Good times my friend. Many farmers don't like crows cause they are a pest by eating there crops and such...plus it feeds wolves and yotes!
Old 03-26-2007, 10:46 AM
Typical Buck

Old timers used to put a owl decoy nailed to a post and black fence wire with two dark treble hooks attached .One off each ear to snag crows as they dove at the owl decoy.Then you had a live decoy and the other crows would swarm to save the hooked one they thought the owl was killing.They used to sell this setup in the old 1960's Herter's Catalog..................Harold
Old 03-26-2007, 12:41 PM

wouldn't the anti's love that one. lol. a few guys tried something like that last year, lets just say they ain't huntin for awhile[>:].

Quick Reply: crows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.