Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Squirrel trapping?

Old 02-11-2007, 07:24 PM

Default Squirrel trapping?

I'm living in town currently and as a country boy who grew up with a woods 50 yards from my back door, this city life is driving me nuts!

I have a huge fox squirrel who frequents the bird feeder on the balcony of my apartment. Anyone have any good ways to trap him/kill him that doesn't involve using my 20 ga?

I'm jonesing for some squirrel meat bad, and everytime I see him, I get hungrier!
Old 02-11-2007, 07:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Squirrel trapping?

Yeah, I used catch them in homemade box traps. It works well actually, use some corn for bait. You can probably find box trap designs on a google search.

Old 02-11-2007, 08:20 PM

ORIGINAL: eatsleephunt

Yeah, I used catch them in homemade box traps. It works well actually, use some corn for bait. You can probably find box trap designs on a google search.

Thanks! I found one that I'm gonna try.

What's the best way to kill 'em once you catch 'em that won't make the meat toxic to eat?
Old 02-12-2007, 04:51 AM
Dominant Buck

Make a dead fall trap instead, it saves having to grab the little sucker and risk getting bitten.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

I put a gunny sack over the mouth of the trap, pull the gate, shake em' into the sack and use a bat. If you shoot them in the box other critters will smell the blood and stay out. Also, I caught a coon in one once, nothing else would go in after that.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: eatsleephunt

I put a gunny sack over the mouth of the trap, pull the gate, shake em' into the sack and use a bat. If you shoot them in the box other critters will smell the blood and stay out. Also, I caught a coon in one once, nothing else would go in after that.
Just make sure none of the neighbors are watching
Old 02-14-2007, 04:33 PM
Fork Horn

Use a #110 conibear trap kills it like a big mousetrap they are only like5 dollars used work good have been doing it the past months for squirrels going on the house roof. Put the trap in a square bucket opening with bait inside the bucket.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:33 PM

Make a line of snares on a log or leaning branch they get stuck in those really easily, and its funny to watch them squirm to try to get away!!!
Old 03-07-2007, 11:00 PM

Go to the hardware store and buy a rat trap one of those big oversized snap traps and super glue corn or some of your bird seed on the trigger and set it were the squirrel can get to it. Its quick and humane and your neighbors will never know
Old 03-08-2007, 06:14 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: mnhunter_32

Go to the hardware store and buy a rat trap one of those big oversized snap traps and super glue corn or some of your bird seed on the trigger and set it were the squirrel can get to it. Its quick and humane and your neighbors will never know
Thats devilish as hell, I love it! [8D]

Quick Reply: Squirrel trapping?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.