Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

How to kill a coyote?

Old 01-25-2007, 06:06 AM

Default How to kill a coyote?

Hey guys, firstly Ill tell you my steup. Ive only tried hunting these guys once. At my farm, there is coyote tracks everywhere. The farm is in the middle of an evergreen tree farm, a gravel pit and a dump a little further. Anyways, coyote tracks everywhere. So, I dont have a rifle I can use in my area, so Im gonna have to shoot these coyotes with a 12 gauge. So one night, I went out there, sat in my truck, and started calling with my electronic predator call, cheap one i bought from wal-mart. I went out there around 10:30 at night, pitch dark and see if i can lure anything in. Gimme some tips guys. I wanna bring these coyote down.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How to kill a coyote?

My recommendation is to trap them. Traps hunt 24/7 and easier to kill.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I concur, trap them.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:02 AM

Ya guys, Ive tried leg traps already too. I caught 6 skunks and a couple coons? maybe I did it wrong but tell me what I should do

Old 01-25-2007, 12:36 PM

The quickway...
Shoot a deer or other game animal( in season of course!)and use the gut pileor get some big scrap pieces from your butcher and gut pieces and place them in the coyote's vicinity. Use new rubber gloves when you handle the meat so as not to scent up the area with your human scent.
Give the coyotes a day to key in on the pile. Set up a blind 40-50 yds away and use your 12 ga with #4 buck or T shot, etc with a full, or imp. modified choke. As such said coyotes are dining greedily at the pile, you should be able to dust 2 of them if your quick and good with a pumpgun!
Remove dead coyotes and wait for more on day 2!
Old 01-25-2007, 12:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Gooseslayer,

Skunk furs are selling for 5-6 dollars and a good coon will get you $12. Sounds like you are going pretty good even if you haven't caught a coyote.

A good standard dirthole set, or dirthole set using a bale of hay ought to do the trick.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:26 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Goose, Get some 3 1/2 in #4 BUCK SHOT or what ever you got for size shotgun.
I find first thing in the morningis the best time. A good old fashion rabbit in distress call works great.
if u have a 3 1/2 #4 buck will reach out to about 75 yards with the proper choke.. Good luck and shoot strait
Old 01-25-2007, 01:28 PM
Typical Buck

Some proof of the good old rabbit distress..
Old 01-25-2007, 01:31 PM
Typical Buck

Old 01-25-2007, 06:16 PM

Nice picts.... I bet thats a Kodiak four wheeler isnt it???? I agree rabbit distress good!

Quick Reply: How to kill a coyote?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.