Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

COYOTE TIME IN ILLINOIS

Old 01-16-2007, 09:19 AM

Default COYOTE TIME IN ILLINOIS

WELL I SHOT MY FIRST COYOTE YESTERDAY WITH MY NEW TIKKA T3 .243 CAL. I SHOT A BIG MALE AT 275 YDS. ON A TROT.HE WAS WITH A FEMALE AND REFUSED TO LEAVE WITHOUT HER MY GOOD BUDDY PAUL TOOK OUT THE FEMALE AS SHE CRESTED A HILL WITH A HAIL MARY 300 YD. PLUS AND ROLLED HER. WELL LOOKS LIKE WERE OFF TO A PRETTY GOOD START FIRST YOTE,WITH THE NEW TIKKA ALL I CAN SAY IS WHAT A GUN SMOOTH AND ACCURATE ALL THE WAY...................
Old 01-16-2007, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: COYOTE TIME IN ILLINOIS

Keep playing that beautifull music Musicman! I love the smell of dead coyotes in the snow!
Old 01-16-2007, 10:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Post some pics of the yotes! Congrats on makingthose longshots, but, please be careful on those "cresting a hill" shots. You always need to know what's beyond your target.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:05 PM

yeah very true, a bullet like that can travel a loooooong way, but congrats on the yotes, i live in central illinois and lately havn't called in a thing, its quite disappointing
Old 01-25-2007, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

You stand with your hand out at ten feet high holding a bullet. Your friend stands beside you with his gun ready to shoot at ten feet high as well. At the exact moment you release the bullet to drop it he fires his shot. The two bullets leave the barrel and your hand simultaneously. Which bullet hits the ground first?
Old 01-25-2007, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

they hit the ground at the same time but what does that have to do with anything fingerz??
Old 01-25-2007, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

just wondered if jonesy realized that bullets do not go on and on into eternity in a straight line. The bullet drops just as fast as if u were to take a bullet hold it up and drop it. A shot fired or dropped from the same height will hit the ground at the same time. The only difference is the displacement the bullet it is from its original position. Many people think bullets seem to float in air. This isnt correct, it just goes so fast in the outward direction away from the muzzle that makes people think it stays in the air longer.
Saying this I do agree with him as not to shoot over crests, but that bullet is going to drop fairly quickly, you arent going to be shooting homes up 3 miles away.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:39 PM

yes i do realise that, i could prove it using physics if you really wanted me to, its my major at college
Old 01-25-2007, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mine to.
Although their is really no PROOF to it. It's just gravitational force. Neglecting air friction both objects hit at the same time. True by definition of gravity.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:10 PM

(How about we stay on subject) Nice shootin, id like to see some picts if you have um!!!!

Quick Reply: COYOTE TIME IN ILLINOIS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.