Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Anyone hear like to hunt coons?

Old 08-17-2006, 06:38 PM

Default Anyone hear like to hunt coons?

if so do you use hounds?
Old 08-17-2006, 07:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Anyone hear like to hunt coons?

Love to coonhunt with dogs, but haven't done it for years.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:09 AM

Been trainning 2 Plott/Bluetick Pups for coon and hope they'll be ready for this season.

Old 08-21-2006, 07:09 AM

Here's my other dogs

Old 08-21-2006, 11:15 AM

I love to coon hunt...just wish I was in better shape. We use Mt Curs and Walker. We also have a Cur/plott pup we are going to start soon. This pic is of a 10 mo. old cur and 3yr old walker. The cur was from our own stock. We have since sold both parents.

Hope you enjoy the photo...Tell us some coon huntin' stories folks!!!

Old 08-22-2006, 12:32 PM
Typical Buck

I love to run the hounds! I dont have pics on this computer. Ill post some pics of my English dog Leech a bit later
Old 08-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Fork Horn

I used to coon hunt every night when I was younger.After i got older I still coon hunted almost every night.I even got a job on swing shift so I could hunt after I got off at 11 at night.I would go and pick up my dogs and head over to the creek.They would usually have one treed before I could get down to them.
Then one time I had to watch my 10 year old cousin Willy so my aunt and uncle could go out.We drove into town and rented where the red fern grows.He really liked it and kept bugging me to take him coon huntin.I finally gave in,I wanted to go pretty bad myself but wanted him to really want to.I got out my old redbone bitch sissy and two walker pups nic and bullet.We collard em up and walked over to the creek.Sis struck a track right off the bat and nic and bullet joined on in.after about a half hour of an awsome bawl mouthed race she started chopping and when we got to the tree every bark her front legs would come off the ground.I shined the tree but seen no coon.I looked up about 20 feet and there was a hole,so I climbed up but the hole dead ended and no coon.I thought mabe she took the back track.I led her away from the tree and she ran right back and started treeing again.I shined the tree again but this time dimmed my light and couldn't tell if I seen an eye or a star.I shot at it and about 10 seconds later it felt like it was raining.The coon a big old sow sprayed all over and the smell was worse than cat spray.The pups had a bawl and I never doubted old sissy again.And Willy moved to Oklahoma and coonhunts all the time,which reminds me he still has my book walk with wick.
Good hunting,
Elkshed
Old 08-28-2006, 08:41 PM
Typical Buck

i run dogs about every other night. i have a redbone and 3 blueticks. i love it. cant beat the music of hounds in the timber. here is one of my best dogs at this time

Old 09-03-2006, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

been hunting for years. We have four Walkers.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:37 PM

those dang things wont stay out of the corn, have a shepard mix, ascoped marlin 60 [.22 lr], a cheap .22 revolver, a .410, and a 20 gauge, [I just use the 22's and 410 though.]

Quick Reply: Anyone hear like to hunt coons?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.