Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

First Woodchuck of the Season (pics)

Old 07-04-2006, 11:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default First Woodchuck of the Season (pics)

Well, I got kinda bored this afternoon so I decided to take out my new Hoyt Trykon and do some shooting. Was shooting some gophers with my bow, when I spotted a woodchuck between a few of my grain bins.

Didn't turn out so well for the woodchuck. Shot was 32 yards.

My brother did capture me missing a gopher at 30 some yards. Hoyt really zips those arrows, made its own mushroom cloud

Old 07-05-2006, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: First Woodchuck of the Season (pics)

Man that shot is awesome!!!! Great Job!!!!
Old 07-06-2006, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks man. Busted a bunch of gophers, a rabbit, and a few birds with it last nite. Can't wait for the upcoming antelope season!
Old 07-06-2006, 04:24 PM
Banned

Sweet buddy; we would get along great!!! Very cool.HCH
Old 07-06-2006, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

hardcore - maybe we'll hafta meet up sometime when you come shooting p-dogs or something. You going to be in Sturgis? I might be there, not sure yet.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:09 PM
Banned

Rammer, love to meet you; it's up in the air right now about Sturgis.I can tell you one thing though; love to meet you; we got the same hobbies. I'll contact you; Hoytgirl and I are wanting a roadtrip.HCH
Old 07-06-2006, 11:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

hardcore. Be more than happy to meet ya! Ya, its up in the air for Sturgis and me right now. I've never been there, but have been wanting too. I think I might be out by the Pine Ridge Reservation that weekend 4 wheeling with my pickup that I built at my buddies place. We might even go run some trails in the hills.....So I might make it to Sturgis that way.

If you an the missus come up with a good plan of meetin, let me know!
Old 07-06-2006, 11:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

hardcore - i was readin in the big game section that you lived in Alliance....Small world, I was deer hunting down that way 2 falls ago and I end up in the emergency room in Alliance after a cactus got thrown up under my Oaklys (retrieving deer with 4 wheeler) and it embedded in the color part of my eye. LOL

BTW - here is the buck from that hunt, we weren't allowed to shoot muleys on the ranch we were hunting, so it was whitetails only. Also, alot of coyotes in that area, end up with 46 of them in 5 days of hunting.

Old 07-07-2006, 06:53 AM
Banned

Nice Buck Rammer!!! A real dandy. My sisters husbands family used to have a 13,000 acre ranch outsideof Alliance and we hunted it several years for whitetail. Mule deer were real scarce. Ihave heard that the whitetails are more dominant and run off the mulies, I don't know though. Sounds like you had a blast shooting yotes and deer hunting till you got that thorn in your eye, OUCH!! We'll have to see about Sturgis and keep in touch. HCH
Old 07-07-2006, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hardcore- I wish I could claim that buck, that is my buddy Tim. At the same time of the thorn incident, Tim's brand new Burris scope on his brand new 270WSM decided to take a crap on him. It couldn't handle the bouncing of the 4 wheelers I guess.....So, I let Tim borrow my Tikka T3 243, and that is what killed that buck, so I get some credit. He beat me on the draw by about 2 seconds or my 7mm woulda barked at that buck. [:-]

Quick Reply: First Woodchuck of the Season (pics)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.