Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Trapping help, please!!

Old 04-24-2006, 12:49 PM

Default RE: Trapping help, please!!

Wow!!! Thank you all for such good reponses!! I WILL(hopefully) be posting my first fox picture next fall. Thanks to all of you for such good ideas and practices. Mountain Cur thank you for the info on how to release a non target animal and the laminated traps.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:21 PM

Default RE: Trapping help, please!!

catching non target animals happens to every trapper you just want to try and limit the posabilities of it happening. I have found that dogs while I have only ever caught two over the years are not that hard to release once they realize you are trying to help them - cats on the other hand are another story. a catch pole would be real nice for them.

I have caught cats and dogs, I caught a big tom turkey once, I caught a red tailed hawk - that took me awhile to get him calmed down enough to release and luckily there was hardly any damage done to his leg and what there was should have healed up quick, I caught a blue Jay that landed right on the pan of a trap set for coyotes. I have caught squirles, rabbits, and a duck in a conibear that was set under water for muskrats, and I caught an 18" brown trout once too.

Have fun though and soak up all you can - I don't have the time to get out as much as I used to but I still get a few sets out every year and my kids ar starting to get interested in trapping so I might have a reason to put a little more time aside for it next season.