Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

New 204 on its way!!

Old 03-17-2006, 09:08 AM

Default New 204 on its way!!

I just ordered my new H&R 204 from wally world last night, should be here first week of april! I mainly went with a single shot because of price, don't think I could get the wife to swing for much more. She dosn't know that I have to get a scope yet. Any of you guys do much with a 204? The main thing that leaned me towards it instead of the .223 is that alot of people I talked to said that they have alot less chance of ricocheting.Up here in NW Ohio its as flat as a board! Any way here is a pic let me know what ya think.

Old 03-18-2006, 04:03 PM

Default RE: New 204 on its way!!

You'll love the H&R and the .204 caliber. You might want to expect a little longer wait from wallyworld. They seem to have a bit of trouble keeping their promises when it comes to gun orders. Some have seen 3-4 month waits on their guns. Hope it works out for you, and keep shootin.

Chris
Old 03-19-2006, 08:06 PM

Congrats on the new gun and caliber. I love my .204. Just another caliber worth owning....
Old 03-20-2006, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Letyouknowwhat we think? That's not how the system works. Your supposed to buy it, use it, and come back with the results (and pics)telling us what you think!
Old 03-20-2006, 09:37 PM

ORIGINAL: North Texan

Letyouknowwhat we think? That's not how the system works. Your supposed to buy it, use it, and come back with the results (and pics)telling us what you think!
Don't worry I will. I cant wait until it gets here but I hope the first post on here don't happen to me, I will die if I have to wait three months. Was at work talking about it and a guy at the lunch table that never really talks to me approched me and started to talk gun talk. Well buy the end of the night I found out he has a field behind his house and its a 800 yards to the woods and he has shooting benches, reloaders, laser rangfinders and a bore sighter ta boot! So he invited me out when the gun comes and help me get going. And if I buy the stuff use his reloading equipment. A new gun and great friend can't beat it!
Old 03-30-2006, 07:06 PM

Just wanted to give an update that my new H&R 204 came in this week and so did my scope from Midway USA. I put a Bushnell Banner 6*18 50mm. Was just curious what ammo you guys are using in yours? I looked on Midway and the only ammo they offer is Hornady, Remington, andWinchester. Any help would be greatful. Have to work this weekend so hopefully I can get it sighted in Monday or Tuesday. Thanks to all!

Old 03-30-2006, 10:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't have a .204, but most of my rifles like Hornady ammunition better than Remington and Winchester. However, I'd probably plan on trying them all eventually, because each rifle is unique in what it likes and doesn't like.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:29 AM
Fork Horn

I reload for both my 204 rugers, but before I got my dies for it I was shooting Hornady 32 gr. v-max bullets in them. They shot so good with them that I reload with those tips as well. I hope you like your new rifle. I love mine.