Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

.22 ammo...

Old 03-15-2006, 07:18 AM

Default .22 ammo...

I just ordered a box of .22 Aguila LR subsonic shells...any1 ever shoot em be4, how do they sound???
Old 03-15-2006, 10:41 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: .22 ammo...

I don't know the brand, but shot some subsonics and was surprised at how loud they are. I go with shorts if I want quiet.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

dont know about them either......but we used to shot CCI shorts when coon hunting......man them things were quiet...there were BB guns ive heard that were louder......and they dropped big coons from the tree tops for us....what are you looking to do with a quiet 22 round??
Old 03-15-2006, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

my dad and I use CB rounds( for our .22 lr)for things around our house. they're really quiet.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:35 PM

well...im trying to take the blackbird pop down, shoot squirrels, and target shoot. I live in na area in NY where it is getting pretty populated but there is a crap load of blackbirds...gotta get somthing to take em out!!!
Old 03-20-2006, 08:00 PM
Typical Buck

Your black birds are migratory and I doubt if its legal for you to shoot them without a permit. Just be aware.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:31 PM

ive not shot the subs but i have some of there colibres or whatever. they are a 20 gr. and are powderless so its just the power of the primer i guess. they shoot accurate and work great for shot range work like most anything in the yard. lol.
Old 03-26-2006, 04:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 700bdl870exp

ive not shot the subs but i have some of there colibres or whatever. they are a 20 gr. and are powderless so its just the power of the primer i guess. they shoot accurate and work great for shot range work like most anything in the yard. lol.
I use those aguila Colibri 22's also, for around my yard pickin off pack rats. Out of my ruger 10/22 they are so quiet, I can clap my hands louder then these. I chronographed them but I dont remember exactly how fast they are pushing but I know it was around 450 to 500 fps. and they'll hold a 1 inch group at 40 yards.

aguila doesnt recommend using them from a rifle length barrel though since they can get stuck in the bore if you happened to have one that was underpowered for some reason. I havent had a problem like that yet
knock on wood, just becareful and watch out for the possibilty of them lodging in the bore and you will be alright. the only real downside to them is that even though they are LR length they wont feed through my rugers magazine and I have to load them manually one at a time which is no big deal.

Anther good one I use is CCI CB longs they are a bit louder then the colibri's but not by much they seem to be about as loud as a air rifle. but they push a little harder they push a 29 grain bullet at about 720 to 730 fps. they are better for the larger critters like jack rabbits. these will function in my ruger 10/22 magazine just you have to work the bolt each time between shots since they dont have enough juice to cycle themselves.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:43 PM
Super Moderator

I use those aguila Colibri 22's also, for around my yard pickin off pack rats.
I use these to.
I shoot them in a Taurus Tracker 22 long rifle 7 shot revolver.
They work good on squirrels and stray cats that fight on my pet cat.
They hit harder than you would think.

And they are very quiet.
I can snap my finger louder than them.

Old 04-13-2006, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

make sure the squirrels are in season[&:]

Quick Reply: .22 ammo...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.