Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

wolf pics

Old 03-15-2006, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: wolf pics

not bad
Old 03-28-2006, 08:55 AM
Spike

I will be in tonite to answer a few of your questions after work thank you all...

Old 03-29-2006, 12:52 AM
Spike

A friend was with me and we were checking a site where coyotes or wolves had knocked down a moose. We saw fresh sign but nothing moving.....I went back to the spot the next morning and walked out to the next clearing to set up to call. I just took off my backpack and was taking a look around, when I spotted this guy just coming out of the treeline. I didn't get the chance to call in that spot, but found enough time to try a couple more and I got lucky there also. Most of the time you can see them coming up the river banks and have time to ambush them, or catch them on the river, since most of them are frozen, when they try and cross. Calling comes in handy though when you get the days you don't see at least one.

Thats too bad you have to miss that trip. I know if you check in the Hunting Regulations, Section 12, 19, and 20, you can shoot up to 10 coyotes a day. I think that pretty much sums up where I would start. But something simple you can try is start asking people if they have seen any. I know there has to be bunch on the outskirts of Anchorage. Foraging off local pets and trash, etc. I am sure if you ask around you will hear the area they are in and start there.

Hope that helps you out Dan in Alaska.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:59 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: AK Jeff

Nice wolf huntnfishak!!! What part of the big state did you bag him in?
Southeast, Prince William Sound. And thank you.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:23 PM

Thanks huntnfishak, I appreciate the info.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:05 AM
Spike

Well I just bought my wife a Savage, Model 12 Varminter low profile 22-250 with a Leupold VX-II 4-12X50mm
It will be here in 2 to 3 weeks I had to order it from michigan, the same place I will order mine from...
I need some help Please...!
I want 1 of 2 guns but I don't know which is the best all around gun and most of my shots are 200yds to 600yds and I don't know which gun is better with shot to shot Consistency...?
Here is what I am looking to order for me, 1 of these 2 guns and it will be Chambered in 22-250.
A-Bolt Stainless M-1000 Eclipse with Boss or a Remingtom 700 VSSF-II
I am putting a Leupold VX-III 6.5-20X50mm on top...
Is there any body that can give me any info on these 2 guns or links on either gun or reviews..?
Thank you...
When they get here I will show pics just don't tell the yots or wolfs pls...[:-]
Old 04-02-2006, 03:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I like Browning guns, but I think the BOSS is unnecessary in 22-250. It makesthe report much louder to the shooter and I'm not sure how much it helps accuracy. I like Browning triggers much better than Remington, I like the short 60 degree bolt throw, and I like the safety.My only complaint is themagazine, which keeps me from seating my handloads outmuch further than factory specs. But sinceaccuracy doesn't seem to be affected, I don't guess I can complain too much. My Browning isn't an eclipse or anything fancy, but I can't imagine any of the other models would be any less accurate.

Myuncle has I think the model Remington you are looking at, and it is also a very nice gun. The trigger came set way to heavy from the factory, but a trigger job fixed the problem without adding a lot of additional expense. I think he is more than happy with it.

Both should be very, veryaccurate guns. My recommendation is to pick whichever one feels betterwhen you pick it up and shoulder it. And I don't know how much walking you are planning on doing, but both are pretty heavy rifles.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:44 PM
Spike

Thanks North Texan
I just went out the road tonite and saw that the state got off there [:-]and plowed out the road...
We only got 50 miles of road here and 25 miles of it has been snowed in for the last 5 months with only 25 open and today they opened the rest of it. My wife & Isaw fresh wolf tracks,3 to 5 sets, and I got 16 more days to the end of the Wolf/coyote season here...
My wife's new gun will be here this coming week but mine, I am having trouble with ordering because of the way I want it to come...
I have a shop trying to get everything together now and give me a price but I am waiting for Remington to give a price on a barrel what a pain... [:@]
This is what I am trying to get....[>:]
Remingtom 700 VS SF-II in 22-250 with an extra barrel with a Leupold
VX-II 6-18 x 40mm with a leather sling, Harris bipod and I want it put together and in a new double scope case with locks and sent here to Alaska toa FFL Dealer...
This has been a real pain and I don't know why...?
I don't care about the money, I know what I want, and I want it now!

Old 04-23-2006, 01:19 AM
Spike

Well my wife's gun got here but now I get to send it back... [:@]
It got messed up in shipping the scope got banged arounded and scratched and the bolt got but thru the side of the case...

Old 04-29-2006, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

great pics guys......

Quick Reply: wolf pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.