Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Fur season

Old 01-23-2006, 09:27 PM

Default Fur season

well here in southwestern Colorado the fur season for coyote and fox is about over because of the warm wheather and I was wondering when the rest of your seasons are ending?
Old 01-26-2006, 10:28 AM

Default RE: Fur season

Well, I would like to help you out, but being that I had to come up to school (college) this year, I didn't get to take advantage of all of the open water for 'rats and beaver. I was really disappointed. I think it outta be over here too--in Minnesota... it's 45 degrees today. Well, at least it's not gonna last much longer, maybe a little while.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:03 PM

Default RE: Fur season

Here in South Carolina it doesn't get cold untill January so the fur is normaly good from late December till March. so most fur animals are hunted from November untill early March. here in Charleston it's not uncommon for it to be 75 degrees on Christmas but come January it's freezing nights and cool days untill March. the only season that i don't agree with around here is the fox season which starts in August and ends in December i think this is geered toward the Trappers b/c trapping is permitted from January till March. in order to get foxes this year i'll set some traps but if i want to be a good citizen i won't call them. It's a good thing that coyote can be hunted year round.

here's a pic of a coon i got last night. i should be going back out this weekend