Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

falconry forum?

Old 01-18-2006, 11:56 PM

Default falconry forum?

should we have a falconry forum? or even a sub forum for small game.(the only thing you hunt is small game in falconry).I would also like to know about anyway to figure out the laws for hunting with a falcon/hawk.

falconry is a great sport that you should get into.

Old 01-18-2006, 11:58 PM

Default RE: falconry forum?

oh *^$@!*& is it illegal to put that pic up with the copyright on it!
Old 01-19-2006, 06:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I probably wouldn't post anything with a copyright on it.

Sorry, but I'm not very knowledgeable about falconry.
Old 01-20-2006, 04:33 PM

but do you think that we should have a falconry forum?

another idea is to merge with or take in a falconry forums site
Old 01-24-2006, 10:42 AM

I have never heard of falconry. Do you think there are enough people on here that do it to have a seperate forum? If so then maybe you should talk to a mod about it. Sorry not much help i have never heard of it.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have heard of falconry, but I am going with deer-hunter18, there is not enough people nor interest on the forum to have a good chat. If I am wrong, deffinately talk to a moderator about it I would like to see pics.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

what is falconry?
Old 01-27-2006, 01:59 PM

its where you hunt with a falcon, hawk or if your lucky an eagle.ever see a person with a hawk on there arm?and theyll usualy have a leather glove on.the good thing is,when youhunt with a hawk,you can take any animal it kills.you have to have a small game liscense but theres no bag limit,and say like here in washington you cant hunt jackrabbits and i think snowshoes.but if a hawk kills it you just have to report it to the dfw for number/statistic reasons.so with rifle bow and muzzleloader,you can only get fifteen every season(or so i am thinking).with a hawk you could kill one every day,and not be breaking any laws.it wouldnt even be bad sports man ship.the reason is thatthere is so many rifle hunters for rabbit,that if every body took say 60 every seasonn they would clean the whole population out.there are so few falconers in the u.s. (theres hundreds, but im comparing to rifle hunters)today that they would do little to nothing tothe population.

youcan use hunting dogs too.they just flush,and the hawk will dive at the game.if your dog is trained to freeze in a point,you can just follow the dog and flush the game when he points.they also train ferrets to dig up the rabbits(or whatever it finds)and bring it in the open.but if there untrained,and sometimes when they are trained, you have to dig it up because it will stay in thehole.i think a number of rodents have been trainedfor falconry including mink mongoose nutria and muskrat.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:38 AM

I've been a falconer for 4 years. You have a bird U.T.?
Old 01-29-2006, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Do you have any pics of your bird with your game. It would be interesting to see.

Quick Reply: falconry forum?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.