Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

how to

Old 12-08-2005, 07:56 AM

Default how to

is there any video that shows how to gut and skin rabbit. i never done it but i plan on getting some for Xmas
Old 12-08-2005, 09:58 AM

Default RE: how to

I like to use a small hatchet and a small knife. Use the hatchet to remove the head and all the feet. With the small knife, make a small slit in the skin on the back of the neck to get it started. Holding onto the neck, pull the skin away from the body starting at the neck end. It should pull off like a sock if you do it while they're still warm.

After the skin is off, slit open the belly and remove all innards and other various parts that you do not want to eat.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: how to

I like to use a small hatchet and a small knife. Use the hatchet to remove the head and all the feet. With the small knife, make a small slit in the skin on the back of the neck to get it started. Holding onto the neck, pull the skin away from the body starting at the neck end. It should pull off like a sock if you do it while they're still warm.

After the skin is off, slit open the belly and remove all innards and other various parts that you do not want to eat.
exactly correct, you can't find a better way to do it and it takes a matter of a minute!