Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

First Hunt Was Saturday..Help!

Old 10-09-2002, 01:20 PM

Default RE: First Hunt Was Saturday..Help!

Close to dusk. The squirrels are on their last run of the day. I hunt till I can't see 50 feet in front of me. Squirrels are usually on their way back home so be ready. If you happen to have a squirrel treed and its about dark, just give him a few minutes, he will be out, guaranteed, but he will more than likely be bustin ass home. If he doesn't come back out, more than likely the tree that he is in, that's probably his home. So he got ya. Hows your hunting been?

Squirrel Master
Old 10-09-2002, 01:39 PM

Well its been flooded really bad over here and mosquitos are just everywhere so I havent gone but once and the entire woods were flooded, so I'm waiting until it goes down..until then I'm just going to get a lot of information on squirrel hunting.what about you?
Old 10-09-2002, 06:43 PM

So far this year, I got 29 squirrels. Three of them are black phase gray squirrels I got while I was in Michigan. The rest are regular fox and grays and some mixes. I only go out on the weekends. Sometime only once a weekend. I usually get about 3 to 5. So you from Louisiana? Is the flooding from the hurricane? Is there anything else you would like to know?

[email protected]

Squirrel Master
Old 10-09-2002, 09:41 PM

Yep, I'm from Louisiana. It's still flooded from the tropical storm and the hurricane and its still raining every day. I dont have any questions right now but if I have any I'll be sure to ask, thanks.