Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Bad Day

Old 10-01-2005, 07:03 PM

Default Bad Day

I went out this morning and didn't see a thing except for the 2 does under my stand for bowhunting. I called my uncle up and he said everyone else he talked to didn't see anything either. Everybody thinks its not going to be a good year for squirrels.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:07 AM

Default RE: Bad Day

I'm about sick and tired of squirrels. I'm out bow hunting and see at least 20-30 squirrels every time im out. They scare the liven crap out of me, i always think a deer is coming and then it is just a squirrel.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:21 PM

im not doing too bad with squirrels. i've got5 under my belt so far and eason opened just 3 weeks ago. and thats not all that bad for me
Old 10-04-2005, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got 10 reds and a 3 greys in about 6-8 outings.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:39 PM

Why don't you just stick'em deer-hunter??? I was at my uncles huntin' last year and we saw 2 does bout 60 yrds away from his house so i ran out and got bout 20-30 yrds away from them and my cousin came out on the porch and slammed the door, while I was in full draw puttin the pin on em!!! The deer spooked but a squirrel was bout 2oyrds away and I shot and missed it my 1 INCH. Right over his back!!![:@]
Old 10-04-2005, 02:43 PM

ORIGINAL: rdneckhntr

Why don't you just stick'em deer-hunter??? I was at my uncles huntin' last year and we saw 2 does bout 60 yrds away from his house so i ran out and got bout 20-30 yrds away from them and my cousin came out on the porch and slammed the door, while I was in full draw puttin the pin on em!!! The deer spooked but a squirrel was bout 2oyrds away and I shot and missed it my 1 INCH. Right over his back!!![:@]
At almost $30 per arrow I wont waste it on them. I did get so sick of them the other day i went out and in about 15 min. i had my limit of 6.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:04 PM

Oh, never mind deerhunter, I don't blame you now! I was only shooting bout $12 an arrow.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:46 PM

Wednesday the 5th, i went over to my inlaw's house. . . while there, me and my father-in-law were outside making faces at my 7month old boy (his 7month birthday). . . and we started watching 6 squirrels playing in a tree. . .

i handed him the boy and went to the truck and got the Rossi 22/410 youth gun and proceeded to shoot squirrels. . . shot the first one. . . . shot the second. . . . the second got up (using the 22 barrel) shot him again. . . he got up. . . gave up on the second squirrel and shot at the rest of 'em. . . didn't hit any of 'em. . .

so we took the boy inside. . . dad in law got his ruger 10/22 and i put the 410 barrel on the Rossi

2 hours later we had a squirrel in the top of a tree (40 yds up)

2 more hours, 70 shots with the 22 and half a dozen with the 410, that squirrel made it back down the tree and into his hole. . .

after we cried. . . . we thought maybe something was wrong with the guns so we target shot at pepsi cans (the pepsi logo is a good target at 40 yds) and we did excellent ! !

just another day in the life of a starving lead flinger. . . .

(before going back inside, my father-in-law shouted (at the tree with all the squirrels) you basturds! next time i'll use the da** 12 gauge and see how ya run then !!! da** tree rats. . . .

this comes from a man that can clean a woods of squirrel in a few hours by himself with that ruger 10/22
Old 10-07-2005, 03:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Slow here in Pa.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

I just got off the phone with my buddy and he didn't see a tail but did happen to see two Red foxes within about an hour of one another. He didn't get his trapping license this year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.