Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Dnr releasing coyotes

Old 06-03-2005, 09:58 PM
z31

Default Dnr releasing coyotes

Its true in pa a guy i no shot 1 wit a dnr tag on it and they were releasing them out of semi trucks we saw em.What do you guys think.I think its the insurence companys.
ther go the turkeys.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Dnr releasing coyotes

I heard something about a guy who shot one in NY with a tag. The state it was tagged in was Montana or Wisconson. Can't remember. I didn't really believe it but then someone also told me that the DEC traded turkeys for coyotes....I just rolled my eyes. Way to far fetcher for me.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hmm. Maybe they just have too many cats and small children in the area.

I have a coworker that loves cats and virtually has an orphanage. She also had 3 peacocks that coexisted. Even has an outdoor building for the cats. She had one born that had a peculiar dark circle of fur around its butt. She had trouble naming it, so I called it Ringo and it stuck. Guess what. They now have yotes in the area. She can hear them yip. They are down to one peacock, Ringo got snatched, and they are loosing others.

The coyotes must think the world of them.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:28 AM
Typical Buck

The coyotes must think the world of them.
That's the funniest thing I've read this morning.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:38 AM
Typical Buck

I think its the insurence companys.
Why would the insurance companies want more coyote in PA? I was pumped up for coyote hunting before, now that I read this I can't wait to get in the field and pop a couple yotes.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

try keeping it to just one forum bud... and your story seems to change from forum to forum... tricky tricky tricky
Old 06-05-2005, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

"Releasing them out of semi trucks", come on, you're telling us that your local dnr brought coyotes into the your state by the semi load, without public knowledge, and went down some off beat dirt road and opened the doors and let bunches of coyotes loose! Yeah Right! Like any division of wildlife in any state is going to do such a thing without some public knowledge these days!! Was the semi a double decker life stock trailer or a refrigerated trailer?[]
ANd last I checked, the turkey populations were booming in every state that already has a healthy population of coyotes, so don't loose any sleep over your turkeys dissappearing, because of coyotes! If ya got skunk, opposum, fox, and bobcats in your area, they will do as much if not more damage to your turkey population than a few coyotes will, NOT that a coyote won't catch and eat a turkey!!
Old 06-05-2005, 08:10 AM

i havent heard anything about them being released out of semi-trucks, let alone seen any. the populations arent going up, and why the hell would PA release them anyhow. they got enough problems with them as it is.
Old 06-05-2005, 11:43 AM
z31

well thats what i heard.
Old 06-05-2005, 11:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

i thought you said you SAW.... not HEARD

Quick Reply: Dnr releasing coyotes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.