Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
 Which remote controlled caller to buy? >

Which remote controlled caller to buy?

Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Which remote controlled caller to buy?

Old 06-30-2005, 07:41 PM

Default RE: Which remote controlled caller to buy?

wait a little longer and try the new predator call by cass creek. I tried the prototype and it is awsome . This call is advertised by basspro but should be in most of the sporting stores in two to three weeks.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:27 AM

Micah,

Let me assure you that I do a lot of hunting( my wife wishes that I did less) There seems to be some manufacturers out there saying otherwise, and I just get the kicks out of it, LOL! I have been hunting since I was 8 years old. I hunt everything from fox and coyote to deer, turkey, crow, groundhog, etc. Just about anything that you can hunt in PA, I have done. I used to be so addicted, that I would be out every day shooting my bow, or going to 3-D shoots, or maybe doing some preseason scouting. Let me tell you a story about my first time out fox hunting. I was eight years old, and I was assigned the duty of "lightman". At the time, that was a cool name which made me feel important (even though I now know that I was being used, LOL), and I held that light as if it were my weapon. On our first stand, they turned on the cassette player (you know, the home stereo converted to a game caller), and within 30 seconds, I heard leaves rustling all around me. This went on for a few minutes (at the time, it seemed like an eternity), and then stopped. Next thing I hear was, "Why didn't you turn on the light?" My reply was "you didn't tell me too". It took me a while to live that one down, and it was the LAST time that I made that mistake. PA is the only state that I have ever hunted, until just recently. I never was into going on those guided hunts, as I much preferred to hunt the areas I know, and had spent countless hours scouting and patterning. Over the past 2 years, I have not been able to get out like I used to, as Inow have a young family at home (a 4 week old and a 22 month old). For those of you that have young families, I think you understand. I am also very dedictated to our company, and can not tell you the countless hours spent at work. But my time will come again where I am out like I used to (or so I hope!) It is my passion, and the only hobby that I know. If you need any other proof, just say the word, and I will be glad to show you some of my photos. Fortunately, I do have some nice trophies. I think it is ashame, however, that someone would take this kind of tactic to target our company. Oh well, I have become used to it.

For those looking at lower budget callers, we also offer the model 38, which, as all of our other products, is made right here in the USA. It comes with our full 5 year warranty, and has features that no other unit in its price range offers--such as a built in timer, the ability to record your own sounds into it, and is completely self contained(no speaker wires). If you would like to add an external speaker with 50 foot of wire, we offer those as well.

I hope this does not come across as an ad, but I think it was time to address some of the responses that I have seen. Let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thanks!

Mike Dillon

FOXPRO Systems
"The Caller of the Wild"
Old 07-01-2005, 03:32 PM

As bhw, birdbusting and I (coyotejohn) said, you can't go wrong with a FoxPro. It only cost a few cents more to fly first class. Customer service is the best in the business and Mike is active in his company, have received two telephone calls from him when I was upgrading my 416 to the Long Range Remote and again when I changed calls. Not to many owners going to take time out to call a customer when one of the employees could handle it. The biggest thing is "Made in America", not China, Taiwan, Japan or someother place. Quality product - Quality Company - Quality Owner. Oh and by the way MicahI don't work for them either....John P