Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Scope for Remington

Old 09-14-2023, 05:04 AM
Spike

Default Scope for Remington

Hi folks, I am interested in buying a scope for a Remington 11-87 Sportsman Youth 21" barrel and was wondering if I can mount a scope on it.. Thanks for any help! Pat
Old 09-14-2023, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are barrels available for the 1187 with cantilever mounts, as well as B-square brand saddle mounts which sit around the receiver. It’s been a while since I have held an 1187, but I’d venture plenty of folks have D&T’d pic rails onto their receivers.
Old 09-14-2023, 03:25 PM
Typical Buck

What will be the purpose of the 11/87? Deer, turkey, small game, birding? If you want to make it a deer gun, Nomercy mentioned a cantilever barrel. That is a great way to go. If you are thinking of keeping it smooth bore and using Brenke type slugs, and using the gun for multiple game, then I would suggest having it drilled and tapped ( 4 hole) and installing a picatinny, rail and purchasing rings with quick lock scope mount. With the slug barrel, you can simply remove the barrel, scope and all, and put your smooth bore back on to to the other type hunts. Barrel change on a 11/87 is simple and easy. Cantilever slug barrels aren't break the bank expensive and most are fairly accurate. My youngest sister has a 20 gauge 11/87 with a Cantilever rifled slug barrel and I've seen her drop deer in excess of 125 yards with zero problems. She now has a Savage 220 and clips them easily at 200.