Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Phone Skope

Old 01-02-2017, 11:52 AM
Fork Horn

Default Phone Skope

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by mthusker; 01-02-2017 at 03:54 PM.
Old 01-02-2017, 12:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

I never heard of that. I am assuming you plug your phone into the spotting scope somehow and look at your phone screen instead of the eyepiece of the spotting scope. Sounds like just something else to mess with and turn something simple complicated.
Old 01-02-2017, 02:35 PM
Fork Horn

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by mthusker; 01-02-2017 at 03:54 PM.
Old 01-02-2017, 03:46 PM
Fork Horn

Xxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by mthusker; 01-02-2017 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-02-2017, 04:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
I never heard of that. I am assuming you plug your phone into the spotting scope somehow and look at your phone screen instead of the eyepiece of the spotting scope. Sounds like just something else to mess with and turn something simple complicated.
The world is passing us by John. They are now making attachments like he's probably talking about that you can take photos with your phone and/or camera by attaching it to your spotting scope eyepiece. Here is one of a big bull elk and his small harem out in Nevada that a guy took through his spotting scope and that elk was at least two miles away from us! It's not a real good picture because the distance was so far, but if you look real close up in the lower area of that pocket of timber in the upper center of the circle you can make out the whitish rack and his body. He's just barely in the shade right above the line of sunlight below him.
Attached Thumbnails Phone Skope-2013-hunts-008.jpg  

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 01-02-2017 at 04:48 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-02-2017, 05:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

I made him out. Top it can pass me by, I kinda like the world the way it was, when you used a phone to make and receive phone calls. I wouldn't be surprised if in another hundred years people will be born with goose necks so it won't be an effort to walk around looking down instead of straight ahead.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

I know exactly what you mean and I'm sure not into all this new hi tech stuff either. I'm happy with my old flip phone and could give a rip about having all the features of these new ones that everyone has in their ear or doing business on most of the day now!
Old 01-02-2017, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

When compact digital cameras came out, I was excited to be able to have a camera with me more often to capture photos and videos more often, and with less bulk than the Sony Mavica camera I had before that which stored pictures on 3.5" floppy disks, which was less bulk than the Polaroid camera I carried in my pack for years before digital cameras came around. Now, I don't even need a camera, as my phone takes as good of photos as the compact digital cameras from just a few years ago. I personally think it's an advantage to be able to capture memories more easily and more readily. It's fun to reminisce through memories in your head, but I'm always reminded of things I hadn't thought about in years whenever I pull up physical or digital photos.

As for the phone skope - I take photos through my spotting scopes, rifle scopes, and range finders all of the time, and having adapters to make it easier to hold them together is pretty handy. I got a phone to scope adapter a few years ago for Christmas, wanna say it was a Caldwell, then I picked up a Vortex adapter for free when I ordered through an instructor program this summer, they're pretty handy, but I rarely remember to take them afield.

I had an adapter to attach a spotting scope to a camera body many years ago, now it's just a lot lighter and easier to take a high quality zoom photo with a cell phone clamped to my spotting scope, and actually less expensive than it used to be. Not to mention, my smart phone also lets me check HNI while I'm in the field, eating lunch in the deer stand, and instead of taking a paperback book to read, my phone has my kindle books on it too, let alone letting me take pictures from my stand through my range finder as a magnifying lens of deer walking within feet of my position...

I've also really enjoyed some of the clip on lenses available now for cell phone cameras, whether it's using a macro lens to photograph brass headstamp detail or firearm parts, or a mini telephoto zoom lens for taking pictures of game in the field, it's really amazing how much miniature photography equipment is available - after spending thousands and thousands of dollars on photography equipment over the years, I'm really glad to be able to have some of the same opportunities with the camera I carry every day. Then again, I'm into photography, and in my business, I almost always have 4 connected cellular devices on me at all times, so I'm inured to inundation by the tech, whether I like it or not.

Of course, it's kind of on the nose to point out the hypocrisy inherent whenever a Luddite posts online...

Last edited by Nomercy448; 01-02-2017 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-02-2017, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
Of course, it's kind of on the nose to point out the hypocrisy inherent whenever a Luddite posts online...
ROTF
Old 01-02-2017, 10:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

LMAO!!!!! Okay now THAT was funny I dun care who ya are!!! lmao "Luddite" ( walks away from computer giggling making the wife think I've lost me mind )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.