Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

leupold scope

Old 12-02-2015, 11:16 PM
Spike

Default leupold scope

Was wondering has anyone had problems with leupold scopes not being accurate?

I shoot a 3006 i shoot at target get centered. When i go hunting my i shoot a deer hitting way to left or right not even close to where i was aiming.
Old 12-03-2015, 03:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

If it consistently shoots well on paper, its probably not the scope. Are you shooting deer from a rest or offhand? How far are you shooting? Have you shot different distances on paper to see where your gun hits? You said its centered...what range?

You can have trouble with any scope...but Leupolds are quite solid and reliable.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:01 AM
Spike

100yds i am resting the gun when shooting deer
Old 12-03-2015, 06:25 AM
Banned

perhaps a lil case of buck fever? not saying ,just guessing. ,I would go to the range and shoot a bunch of rounds through it. see if it is the scope or the shooter.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by stcspiderman
100yds i am resting the gun when shooting deer
When you make that statement are you "resting" the barrel or the forearm on something when you shoot at the range and in the field? The reason I ask is that if you are resting the barrel on something, rather than the forearm, the barrel harmonics can play havoc with the accuracy of your rifle. Always support the rifle under the forearm and never on the barrel itself.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

If it hits on paper and it doesn't hit on deer then the fault lies with the shooter and not with the scope. Scopes don't have brains and have no way of knowing when they are aimed at game. My bet: Buck Fever causing trigger jerk.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Perhaps its a liberal anti-hunting Leupold...
Old 12-11-2015, 03:32 AM
Spike

Lots of my friends are using leupold scopes, they never told about it not being accurate...
Old 12-11-2015, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Definitely you.
Old 12-11-2015, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

Leupold scopes have been in my inventory for over 30 years now and have been the most consistent scopes I have ever owned. Rarley do I ever have to touch the adjustments from season to season unless the scope takes a pretty good bump.

I would be looking at other factors other than the scope.

Look at the bedding on the stock and forearm. When your shooting on the bench where are you placing the forward bag? Is there any touching of the forearm to the barrel? Have you done any shooting off the bench on paper to see where its hitting? Other than at game animals?

Once I get a load worked up and a zero I get off the bench and start replicating how I will shoot in the field. I will shoot from standing, sitting , braced kneel and prone to see how my muzzleloader is shooting.

If you have not done all of that with your rifle... don't be judging the scope harshly yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.