Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
Good inexpensive scope? >

Good inexpensive scope?

Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Good inexpensive scope?

Old 12-31-2014, 09:33 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
Cabelas is closing out the discontinued Nikon Buckmasters 3-9x40mm for $129, normally $230, and the 4-12x40mm for $149, usually $299. For the money, very hard to beat that deal. They were a good scope at their list price, the closeout price only makes it better.
That is hard to beat..! I am a Nikon guy and shoot there pro glass lens, I feel they tend to know perhaps a little bit more about optics, and coatings than their competition, just my reasoning though.
I was gonna say some of the Redfield's have gotten good reviews, just reading it the other day, but do not recall which model. Even some of the cabalas brand scopes are very good for the money, particularly if you can apply points, or gift cards, I try to hit Cabelas when the have their employee pricing days for card holder members, as the Cabela brand name items are more deeply discounted.
Old 01-01-2015, 11:30 AM
Typical Buck

Sightron si
Old 01-15-2015, 12:30 PM
Spike

look at a bsa sweet 22, got oe on a t/c encore, works like a champ
Old 01-16-2015, 02:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Never had a problem with a Bushnell, Have Banner BDC scopes on several of my rifles at least two from the very early 1970's.
Have a Bushnell Trophy on My Remington 700 54cal ML and the 50 cal, Have a dusk to dawn 1.5 to 7 on my slug gun.
I bought a Weaver K4 for $5.00 at a yard sale several years ago with the thinking if it didn't work they had a lift time warranty so I could send it in to be fixed. It worked fine on a T/C 50 Cal muzzle loader.

I bought a Leopold VAR X II used that was a piece of crap. I sent it back to them to be fixed. Still haven't put on any thing since I got it back.
Still would not have a problem buying a used scope if it was one with a life time warranty like many of the older scopes had.

Al
Old 01-16-2015, 03:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nikon Monarch and Prostaff scopes are good buys.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I recently bought a Bushnell AR optics 4.5-18x for my M4 AR. I paid $180 and it is a really nice scope. I would recommend it for anyone looking for a AR scope or even a scope for any 223.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bushnell-AR9...item2ede7476a4
Old 03-17-2015, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by fritz1
I recently bought a Bushnell AR optics 4.5-18x for my M4 AR. I paid $180 and it is a really nice scope. I would recommend it for anyone looking for a AR scope or even a scope for any 223.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bushnell-AR9...item2ede7476a4
I tend to think pretty highly of Bushnell scopes for budget friendly applications. I also just bought a pair of the Bushnell AR scopes, but in 3-9x40mm. They were $170 with free shipping and a $30 rebate.

The light gathering isn't quite as good as what I expect out of the Bushnell Banners, but it's as good as the Nikon Buckmaster BDC 4-12x40mm I mentioned before, for half of the price. Both appear very clear, but the Buckmaster has a bit better resolution (again, recognizing that this is comparing a $300 scope to a $170 scope). I haven't done a box test in the Bushnell AR's yet, but the adjustment clicks are positive, and just stiff enough that it's comforting for an exposed turret set up that I don't expect them to spin every time they brush against something. The Bushnell AR does a better job at not distorting as you crank up the magnification than almost any of the Nikons I own, from prostaff to monarchs.

Overall, a very serviceable, very budget friendly scope.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:12 PM
Typical Buck

I have a Burris Fullfield II Ballistic Reticle 6.5-20x50. It's a great scope for the price. I'm willing to let it go now. I don't need all that power anymore. It's a year old. Just pm me if your interested.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check out the gun shops and the pawn shops. You might be able to find a Leupold fixed power in there for under $200.00.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have this one on my ML barrel for my TC Pro Hunter. It's for rifles but it works perfectly. Has a little more than 3 and a half inches eye relief and a 2-7 var power is plenty. I keep mine on 2 since I mostly hunt wooded areas but if I need to reach out to 150, which my ML is more than capable of, it's plenty of power at hand. And one thing I really didn't expect from a 32mm OBJ was the freaking clarity. Thing is bright and clear. Absolutely excellent light collection.

http://www.nikonsportoptics.com/Niko...-Nikoplex.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.