HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Good inexpensive scope?
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 07:30 AM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by fritz1
I recently bought a Bushnell AR optics 4.5-18x for my M4 AR. I paid $180 and it is a really nice scope. I would recommend it for anyone looking for a AR scope or even a scope for any 223.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bushnell-AR9...item2ede7476a4
I tend to think pretty highly of Bushnell scopes for budget friendly applications. I also just bought a pair of the Bushnell AR scopes, but in 3-9x40mm. They were $170 with free shipping and a $30 rebate.

The light gathering isn't quite as good as what I expect out of the Bushnell Banners, but it's as good as the Nikon Buckmaster BDC 4-12x40mm I mentioned before, for half of the price. Both appear very clear, but the Buckmaster has a bit better resolution (again, recognizing that this is comparing a $300 scope to a $170 scope). I haven't done a box test in the Bushnell AR's yet, but the adjustment clicks are positive, and just stiff enough that it's comforting for an exposed turret set up that I don't expect them to spin every time they brush against something. The Bushnell AR does a better job at not distorting as you crank up the magnification than almost any of the Nikons I own, from prostaff to monarchs.

Overall, a very serviceable, very budget friendly scope.