Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
Decent scope for a .22lr? >

Decent scope for a .22lr?

Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Decent scope for a .22lr?

Old 01-16-2014, 01:02 PM
Typical Buck

My Marlin 22 bolt action has been wearing a Bushnell Sportview 3X9 for about 35 years. Doubt I'll ever need to replace it. Paid about 40 bucks for it when I was a teenager.

Do they still even make them ?
Old 01-16-2014, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834
My Marlin 22 bolt action has been wearing a Bushnell Sportview 3X9 for about 35 years. Doubt I'll ever need to replace it. Paid about 40 bucks for it when I was a teenager.

Do they still even make them ?
Yeah but they are not made like yours anymore. Is yours made in Korea?

They are made in china now.

That is the scope I would suggest. An old Bushnell japan made or even Korean made.

I'll disagree with most and say there are lots of good .22 scopes to be had for $70 I have a couple old Bushnells sportview scopes like the ones Bullcamp is talking about on rimfire rifles. They work great and I paid $70 for the pair.

An old Bushnell banner that says Japan on it is more than good enough for a .22 IMO and the old sportview scopes made on Korea are pretty good as well and go very cheap on ebay.

Last edited by rockport; 01-16-2014 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:34 PM
Typical Buck

The Simmons 22 mag is what I put on most of my 22. A good scope.for.most of my hunting situations. The Simmons even comes.with ring. So that saves you about $10 if buy the Simmons rings from Wal-Mart so you can deduct that from the price of scope. For a plunking and general hunting 22 a Simmons 22 magnum scope is a good way to go for.well under $70.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:44 AM
Typical Buck

rockport,

I have no idea on whether the scope I'm talking about was made in Japan or Korea or just where.

It is a good scope and like most Bushnell stuff I've owned was a good piece of gear for the money. I'll heed your warning in future purchases about China made stuff. No surprise there !!!

Thankfully I'm the age where I have already acquired about all I'll the stuff I'll ever need.

Last edited by Bullcamp82834; 01-19-2014 at 02:48 AM.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:53 AM
Fork Horn

Jake,

Here's a good buy on a Bushnell:

http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/...productId/1018

Will be good for hunting on 4X - Good for targets on 12X.
It also has an AO for adjusting the parallax in for 22LRs.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834
rockport,

I have no idea on whether the scope I'm talking about was made in Japan or Korea or just where.

It is a good scope and like most Bushnell stuff I've owned was a good piece of gear for the money. I'll heed your warning in future purchases about China made stuff. No surprise there !!!

Thankfully I'm the age where I have already acquired about all I'll the stuff I'll ever need.
The Korea ones say Korea in little black letters on the bottom of the scope under the turrets. The Japan made scopes usually say Japan in plain sight somewhere. I think all the old sportview scopes were Korea made but I'm not positive. '

The thing about Bushnell is they have optics in just about every price/quality range. I think this gives them a bad name. You know people say "I had a Bushnell and it was garbage" well yeah that is what happens when you get the cheapy from wal mart.

Bushnell Elite scopes IMO are one of if not the best bang for the buck on the market.

If Leupold made a $30 scope it would be junk too just like the Bushnell economy line.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:17 AM
Spike

Have a 6-18x40 Simmons side focus Pro-Hunter on one of the 22s. Actually own several of these higher power variable Pro Hunter scopes and two are on center fire rifles. Recall about 3 months ago, gent on Rimfire Central posted how happy he was with the same Simmons scope I have on my 22. Anyway, I've no complaints about my Pro-hunter scopes, decent optics, turrets and other adjustments are OK. FWIW, lots of rounds fired, both rimfire and mild recoiling centerfire (22 hornet, 257 Roberts for example) with no problems losing zero.

Mind you the Pro Hunter I've suggested is a Simmons scope made when Meade owned the company. When Bushnell took over, this particular (and most of other) Pro Hunters were discontinued. Visit www.natchezss.com and you'll find the scope for $70. Beaware, Natchez will add another $12-15 for shipping/handling.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:55 PM
Spike

Default Several good scopes under $100

I've been happy with my Bushnell scope purchased for around $70 for my Ruger 10-22. Here is info I found helpful...Top 3 Scopes for under $100!!
Old 01-26-2014, 04:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a 3-9X Pursuit scope for my Marlin 39A. They make a rimfire scope...but I bought a standard riflescope. It was $80, I think.

It's actually a nice scope for the money. Would I put it on a 45-70??? No. But on a 22, it is sufficient.

It is clear, and has held zero perfectly.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a 6X Leupold on my 22. Don't cheap out on the glass that you use. It will fail at the most inconvenient moment. Check the pawn shops and gun shops and find a used scope of a higher quality, buy it and if needed, it can also be put on a larger caliber than the 22.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.