Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
Scope recommendations for .308 >

Scope recommendations for .308

Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Scope recommendations for .308

Old 11-21-2013, 04:53 PM
Spike

Default Scope recommendations for .308

I've been on the market for a scope around 300? Any input is helpful.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

depends on what your price tag is? but for overall quality I love the Leupold VX-2, in 3-9x40
Old 11-22-2013, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check out the Vortex Viper.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hard to go wrong with a Leupold. Although I admit the Trijicon is interesting too. I've got a Trificon ACOG on my battle rifle and it is sweet. If I was looking for a new scope for one of my rifles, I'd take a look at them too.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

future of yer rifle?
Old 11-24-2013, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I read the OP post correctly, I think that he says around $300. Thats not going to get you very much of a quality scope. You may just have to get what you can to make do for now and then just save up to get a better scope later.
That and hit your local gun shops up for they alot of time get guns in with scopes on them and then seperate them to make more money.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SecondChance
If I read the OP post correctly, I think that he says around $300. Thats not going to get you very much of a quality scope. You may just have to get what you can to make do for now and then just save up to get a better scope later.
That and hit your local gun shops up for they alot of time get guns in with scopes on them and then seperate them to make more money.
I disagree about the ability to get a quality scope for $300. I think there are several manufacturers (Leupold VX-2, Nikon, Burris, etc.) or importers (Vortex?) that sell good quality scopes in the $300 price range.

You are not going to get a top of the line Swarovski, Leupold, Zeiss, Niteforce, etc. for $300, but there are plenty of good quality scopes for that price.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Forgive us, but you've just asked us something along the line of: "I'm going to buy a vehicle, which one is best." Are you pulling a trailer with it or do you want to go fast?

Okay, .308. What are you hunting? Where are you hunting? Do you plan on hunting anything else anywhere else?

A good all-around choice for a centerfire rifle is a 3-9x variable power scope, typically with a 40mm objective. A Duplex reticle is the best choice for most situations. High quality mounts are also important.

Avoid scopes that come in a a blister-pack. Scopes with a solid warranty are better than those without. Chinese stuff comes cheap, as do most of the parts that comprise them and that will fail you later.
Old 11-24-2013, 04:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Swift, Weaver, Redfield, Vortex, Bushnell, Burris, Nikon, Leupold, Zeiss.................just to name a few

Last edited by Sheridan; 11-24-2013 at 05:41 PM.