HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Scopes and Sights (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/scopes-sights-114/)
-   -   Scope recommendations for .308 (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/scopes-sights/387391-scope-recommendations-308-a.html)

Hunter98 11-21-2013 04:53 PM

Scope recommendations for .308

I've been on the market for a scope around 300? Any input is helpful.

BOWHUNTERCOP 11-22-2013 02:16 AM

depends on what your price tag is? but for overall quality I love the Leupold VX-2, in 3-9x40

GRIZZLYMAN 11-22-2013 08:47 AM

Check out the Vortex Viper.

flags 11-22-2013 08:54 AM

Hard to go wrong with a Leupold. Although I admit the Trijicon is interesting too. I've got a Trificon ACOG on my battle rifle and it is sweet. If I was looking for a new scope for one of my rifles, I'd take a look at them too.

Tundra10 11-22-2013 10:42 PM

future of yer rifle?

SecondChance 11-24-2013 05:26 AM

If I read the OP post correctly, I think that he says around $300. Thats not going to get you very much of a quality scope. You may just have to get what you can to make do for now and then just save up to get a better scope later.
That and hit your local gun shops up for they alot of time get guns in with scopes on them and then seperate them to make more money.

Big Uncle 11-24-2013 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by SecondChance (Post 4101073)
If I read the OP post correctly, I think that he says around $300. Thats not going to get you very much of a quality scope. You may just have to get what you can to make do for now and then just save up to get a better scope later.
That and hit your local gun shops up for they alot of time get guns in with scopes on them and then seperate them to make more money.

I disagree about the ability to get a quality scope for $300. I think there are several manufacturers (Leupold VX-2, Nikon, Burris, etc.) or importers (Vortex?) that sell good quality scopes in the $300 price range.

You are not going to get a top of the line Swarovski, Leupold, Zeiss, Niteforce, etc. for $300, but there are plenty of good quality scopes for that price.

homers brother 11-24-2013 01:51 PM

Forgive us, but you've just asked us something along the line of: "I'm going to buy a vehicle, which one is best." Are you pulling a trailer with it or do you want to go fast?

Okay, .308. What are you hunting? Where are you hunting? Do you plan on hunting anything else anywhere else?

A good all-around choice for a centerfire rifle is a 3-9x variable power scope, typically with a 40mm objective. A Duplex reticle is the best choice for most situations. High quality mounts are also important.

Avoid scopes that come in a a blister-pack. Scopes with a solid warranty are better than those without. Chinese stuff comes cheap, as do most of the parts that comprise them and that will fail you later.

Sheridan 11-24-2013 04:43 PM

Swift, Weaver, Redfield, Vortex, Bushnell, Burris, Nikon, Leupold, Zeiss.................just to name a few