Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

$200 scope

Old 06-16-2013, 02:44 AM
Typical Buck

To follow up, the buddy I was buying the rifle from tossed in the 3-9x40 conquest that was on it for an extra $150. Ended up being a Savage 11 FCNS with Leupy dual dovetail mounts and a Conquest scope for $500. Almost forgot the best part, 2 months old and less than a box of shells through it.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like You got a great deal on that set up...let us know how it shoots and how it groups at the range!
Old 06-16-2013, 05:50 AM
Typical Buck

i ve tried them all but i always go back to leupolds i just don"t why i keep wasting money on other brands just to buy what i believe is the best out there for your money. i"ve never ever had to return a leupold whether its a vx1 or vx3
Old 06-16-2013, 07:31 AM
Typical Buck

Been looking at scopes in that same price point for an old German Mauser that I've had all my life that used to be my primary whitetail gun. I want to set it up as a backup gun. I've been intrigued by the Redfield line and the Vortex Diamondback line.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:25 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Murdy
Been looking at scopes in that same price point for an old German Mauser that I've had all my life that used to be my primary whitetail gun. I want to set it up as a backup gun. I've been intrigued by the Redfield line and the Vortex Diamondback line.
I have a couple older Redfield's but none of the new ones since Lupy bought them...have looked through a couple and in the store they appear clear and crisp. Same with the Vortex...have looked through them in the store and they too look clear and crisp in the store.

Find a Swift dealer and take a peak through one...you may well be surprised and impressed.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:31 PM
Typical Buck

I have looked through the Redfields and I agree with your assessment of them -- and given they're backed by Leupold's guaranty, I would assume they are durable. Never handled the Diamondback, though. I have a Viper I'm happy with, but that's above my price point for this gun.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:39 AM
Spike

I would get a Leupold or a Burris. Both are great scopes.