Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Weaver Scope?

Old 01-21-2012, 10:53 AM
Fork Horn

Default Weaver Scope?

Okay guys I was wondering if any of you use Weaver and what is your opinions on their Super Slam 3-15X50 scope? I am thinking about upgrading to the Super Slam from a Nikon Prostaff this summer.

Also what would you guys recommend for a one piece solid base for a Winchester M70 .270?

I am also open to any scope recommendations that are within 1000 bucks. I am looking for a good solid scope that will not lose zero and refuse to return to zero in a year.

Thanks for any responses in advance.

Last edited by westtexducks; 01-21-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Weaver SS will be a step up from the Prostaff for sure. Base-wise perhaps Warne has one you would like. They are very sturdy and reasonably priced. Of course, you could always get a picatinny base and quality rings like TPS, Seekins, etc. For a scope, the new Leupy V6, new Zeiss Conquest Duralyt or a Trijicon Accupoint would be on my short list.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:06 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by westtexducks
Okay guys I was wondering if any of you use Weaver and what is your opinions on their Super Slam 3-15X50 scope? I am thinking about upgrading to the Super Slam from a Nikon Prostaff this summer.

Also what would you guys recommend for a one piece solid base for a Winchester M70 .270?

I am also open to any scope recommendations that are within 1000 bucks. I am looking for a good solid scope that will not lose zero and refuse to return to zero in a year.

Thanks for any responses in advance.
I really have never used the scope you mentioned, for a simple reason. I purchased all my Weavers before 1980, and they are all still working perfectly. I think that should just about cover it.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

I really like the Leupold dual dovetail ring/base system that I have on my pre 64 Model 70 in 30-06 and have a 3-9x40 Leupold VXII mounted on it.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a used Super Slam about a month ago for a rifle that I will give to my grandson (a Winchester 100 in 308 Win.). I was not ready to drop high coins on a teenager's rifle, not knowing how he will like hunting. I was impressed by the clarity. Not a top end by any means, but plenty good. As far as a Nikon "Prostaff" .... I don't think that this product is a "value". The Prostaff is not a bad scope .... but in my opinion, not worth the MSRP.