Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
Rings and bases for a Sako .222 >

Rings and bases for a Sako .222

Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Rings and bases for a Sako .222

Old 12-26-2011, 07:28 AM
Fork Horn

Default Rings and bases for a Sako .222

I have a old Sako .222. For xmas I got a bushnell 6x24x40 scope to replace the old straight 6x lyman.

This gun was handed down to me about 15 yrs ago and shot like a dream, I just wanted more magnification. I took the old scope off and realized that my grandfather had the wrong bases on the gun, the rear base over hung over the chamber, and the front base only had one screw hole lined up. Needless to say I took them off and would like to put the correct ones on.

I put my new scope on the old rings/bases to see how it would fit. Well the low rings are too low for the 40mm bell, and the action on the bolt seems to ever so slightly wear on the eyepiece as the action is fully worked out. (seems it happened on the old scope too, as wear marks on the scope are visible)

Ive been looking online but cant seem to find exactly what I need. Im a big fan of DNZ one piece, but do not think they will work. The rear base mounting area has one hole for a screw and the base seems to wedge on the rail.

Anyways anyhelp would be appreciated.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:54 PM
Fork Horn

anyone???????