Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Nikon Pro Staff

Old 10-31-2011, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Nikon Pro Staff

Anyone deal with Nikon Customer Service? I have a Pro Staff 2x7x32 thats basicially new although it's 3 years old. Trying to site in a USH 12 gauge slug gun. I have only shot it maybe 20 times. First 2 shots are touching at fifty yards then they start drifting low. Mount and rings are tight had this mounted on my muzzleloader last year and had the same problem so I just went out and bought a new one for the muzzleloader. Trying it out on this USH. Pretty sure it's not human error seeing how I've had a scope on all my hunting firearms for over 35 years. Just never had one that I think went bad.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

are ya cleaning the bore between shots? this makes a difference, especially if its rifled. we always swab between shots when sighting in.
the barrel shrinks and expands with temp changes...a few shots can make it drift.
3 years old is 3 years old...they dont care if it stayed in a box for 2 and a half years. maybe just off the shelf with a valid receipt will work though.
i had a deer hunter scope one time... lol they make things interesting.
my burris scopes are dead accurate, i wont try another til they let me down.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
are ya cleaning the bore between shots? this makes a difference, especially if its rifled. we always swab between shots when sighting in.
the barrel shrinks and expands with temp changes...a few shots can make it drift.
3 years old is 3 years old...they dont care if it stayed in a box for 2 and a half years. maybe just off the shelf with a valid receipt will work though.
i had a deer hunter scope one time... lol they make things interesting.
my burris scopes are dead accurate, i wont try another til they let me down.
Well I've never swabed the bore on a 12 gauge slug gun between shots before. I do on my muzzleloader. And I'm giving it about five minutes between shots so I'd think it's not a heat problem. I'm still leaning pretty hard toward the scope might have a problem. I've got 4 slug guns and three muzzleloaders I can hunt deer with. I bought this Ultra Slug Hunter just to try out because of all the good things I've heard. Scopes on everyone of them. Never had a problem like this before. LIke I said, I think I've ruled out all the human error stuff. Just wondered if anyone has dealt with the Nikon folks. Thanks