Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Trijicon Accupoint

Old 04-16-2011, 01:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default Trijicon Accupoint

I have developed a small problem with my 3 year old Trijicon Accupoint 3-9x40.

Last month I noticed a small crack on the underside of the fiber-optic light collector. This piece doesn't appear to be a part of the light collector itself- it's a small plastic "half ring" on the underside of the eyepiece.

I was wondering if anybody has had this problem with their Accupoints?

I have no idea how this crack got there, the scope has never been dropped. When I noticed it I was doing some target shooting and it was very cold outside. I wonder if the temperature had something to do with it. It does not affect the fiber-optic function.

I know Trijicon has a lifetime warranty on the body of the scope, so I'm not real concerned about it. I have been so busy lately I haven't had a chance to call them about this matter. Just wondering if this is common?
Old 04-16-2011, 04:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

My 3-9 X 40 Trijicon is fine...no such issues. I've never heard of it mentioned over on the OT forum either. Guess I'd still contact them for a response (for the record).