Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Scope Leveling Kit

Old 04-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Spike

Default Scope Leveling Kit

Is anyone out there using a scope leveling kit to level their scope to their gun. I am looking for a good kit to do this, and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to one that works. Let me know, thanks.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Typical Buck

i got the wheeler kit and i like it pretty well. Only problem with it is one of the levels wont always fit on the gun
Old 05-13-2011, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by batman0809
Is anyone out there using a scope leveling kit to level their scope to their gun. I am looking for a good kit to do this, and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to one that works. Let me know, thanks.
Yep, cost me less than a buck. I already had a level so I level the gun on a bipod and hang a string from the ceiling with a small weight on it. Line up the verticle crosshair with the string. Done

You can check your scope for alignment with the bore by looking thru the scope at a mirror. The cross hair should bissect the bore.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:00 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by skb2706
Yep, cost me less than a buck. I already had a level so I level the gun on a bipod and hang a string from the ceiling with a small weight on it. Line up the verticle crosshair with the string. Done

You can check your scope for alignment with the bore by looking thru the scope at a mirror. The cross hair should bissect the bore.
Yep this is the same method I use only instead of hanging a line, I use a door frame that's level. I bought a line level to use that's small at Walmart just like a buck fifty or something super cheap.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Go to a Walmart and pick up a picture leveling kit. It is comprised of two small plastic levels and works just as well as the Wheeler level level kit, difference being it does not have magnets and only cost about $4. Simple. One to level the rifle on a rest, one to level the scope. It's all you need.